Funky Butter allow fans to record and trade audience source recordings of live performances under the following guidelines.
1. All taping is limited to audience audio sources only.
2. Soundboard patches are not available.
3. Tapers must bring and supply their own equipment.
4. No videotaping is ever allowed without the expressed, written consent of the band.
The enjoyment of the audience in attendance at a concert always takes precedence over recording efforts. At no time should tapers ever require other patrons to be quiet or otherwise interfere with their enjoyment of the show.
- Audience taping at Funky ButterÃÂs concerts is authorized for non-commercial purposes only. Unauthorized sale, duplication and/or distribution is in violation of applicable laws and is strictly forbidden. All performances by Funky Butter and recordings are the exclusive property of Funky Butter and all rights are reserved. The rights to record Funky ButterÃÂs performances set forth in this policy constitute an express, revocable license. We reserve the right to withdraw our
sanction of recording, tape trading, and/or non-commercial digital audio file transfers on a case specific basis or in general, as we deem necessary. No waiver of any copyright or trademark right is intended.
- All participants in audio recording exchange (regardless of format) acknowledge and respect the copyrights and exclusive ownership of the music and performances by the performers,
writers and publishers. In plain English, this means that the music contained on any recording of a performance by Funky Butter, be it a studio album or live recording, is the possession of Funky Butter.
- All taping must be for personal use only, which may include trading (via analog or digital tape, CD, or digital file transfer). Recordings may be traded only for an equivalent amount of similar media (DATs, cassettes, or Compact Discs, pre-recorded or blank). Regardless of any expenses incurred in duplicating a recording, no money may ever be exchanged as part of a trade.
However, stamped, self-addressed envelopes may be included with blank media, allowing for fans to engage in "blanks and postage" (bnp) arrangements.
- The mediums by which audio trading is publicized may not be commercialized. Therefore newsletters, web sites, clubs, or any other communication forum facilitating audio trading cannot
accept advertising, offer links for compensation, exploit databases compiled from their traffic, or otherwise derive any commercial profit in any form. Stores or businesses may not offer to duplicate Funky ButterÃÂs media for customers or sell or otherwise provide media containing unreleased Funky Butter music for any price.
On December 14, 2005, we received the following email granting permission:
As a representative of Funky Butter (and a member of the band), I approve the posting of Funky Butter's shows on the Live Music Archive by the following email addresses: