Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  June 15, 2022 5:00pm-6:00pm PDT

5:00 pm
that's the 1i didn't know, ask me any other capital. you guys have an awesome music supervisor. i mean, i pick all the music, it's just james brown. i am said supervisor. tucker is up next, don't forget to dvr us and it was member, i'm waters, and this is my world. ♪ ♪ >> tucker: good evening and welcome to "tucker carlson tonight." here's one rule we try to follow. you probably should distrust anybody who draws quick and dirty partisan conclusions in the hours after the national disaster. you see this happen all the time. people on tv for example telling of the gun lobby is now it's possible for the latest school shooting even as the ambulances are arriving or how climate change caused the tornadoes in a trailer park in indiana, bill
5:01 pm
not a science guy blaming a pickup truck for extreme weather. these are not people who are speaking in good faith, they're not trying to solve problems, they are not even interested in what actually happened. they are lying, they are unscrew bills, and they will say anything if they think it will make them more powerful so best to ignore them. on the other hand, and this is also true, over time it is possible to draw legitimate connections between decisions that politicians make in the catastrophes that follow. the rising gas prices for example, the rising gas in america now qualifies as a catastrophe. it's true no matter how you feel about carbon emissions, you still assume you were afford to be able to drive to work or take a vacation with your kids the summer or buy my dinner in a restaurant once in a while. but now you can't, and gas prices are the reason you can't. nothing makes the country poor faster than rising energy prices. so how did this happen? well, we are going to let you decide. we are going to play you a tape from a campaign event during the last presidential primaries in new hampshire. this video was shot in 2019 at a moment when not a single person
5:02 pm
in the country really believed that joe biden had any chance to wins party's nomination. so because they gave him no chance -- not a lot of people were paying attention when biden was asked whether he would continue to take donations from the oil and gas industry. here's how he responded. >> you know, i want you to just take a look, okay? you don't have to agree, but i want you to look in my eyes. i guarantee you -- i guarantee you we are going to end fossil fuel, and i'm not going to cooperate. >> tucker: we are going to end fossil fuels -- end fossil feel? the basis of the entire american economy? how are we going to do that back and why? biden didn't explain, and again, because no one believed he was actually going to win, no one thought to ask. the assumption then was that he was only running for president because he was old and sad and didn't know what else to do in his retirement. it's not like he was going to get anywhere, so he kept saying this, not noticed by many. as president he pledged "no more
5:03 pm
drilling, including offshore. no ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period." then something unexpected happened. bernie sanders so terrified the democratic parties top donors that they gave the nomination to senile old joe biden and then biden became president and then as president he immediately started doing exactly what he had promised he would do. biden stopped issuing new permits for oil and gas leases, he canceled federal drilling permits and pipelines and then just a month ago the administration canceled three oil and gas leases in alaska and the gulf of mexico and then eliminated more than a million acres of potential drilling sites. then to cap it off, you may have noticed, joe biden imposed an oil embargo on russia, one of the world's biggest energy producers, because democracy or something. so what happened next? well, gas want to over $5 a gallon. inflation exploded, india and china got a whole lot more cheap russian oil to keep their economy humming and then the ruble got even stronger than it
5:04 pm
was before the war in ukraine. so everybody got rich except us, we got poor. those are the facts. what would you conclude from those facts? you might start to think that joe biden had something to do with rising gas prices because when you restrict the supply of something, when you have less of something, it costs more, like oil, for example. this is a principle known to elite professional economists as supply and demand. less drilling gives you more expensive gasoline. you might conclude that, but you would be wrong. in fact, if you believe that, you're an idiot. you're probably still think hillary clinton lost the 2016 presidential election, you are naive, you are asap. the truth is much more obvious. gas prices are high right now because vladimir putin made them high. how did he do that? simple. from his layer in a torture chamber deep in moscow surrounded by empty vodka bottles and severed heads of his enemies, he signed an executor of order raising the price of
5:05 pm
unleaded gasoline and diesel fuel in the united states. and also while he was at it, cauliflower and wheat thins and dimensional lumber and plumbing parts and fish tacos. a bunch of other things you by matt, effective everything you buy. vladimir putin single-handedly caused inflation and high gas prices. he did this on purpose just as he got his orange accomplice elected president of the united states five years ago. putin did that. why did he do it? as if you even need to ask. he did this because he hates our freedoms, that's why, the freedoms that joe biden gave us that putin wants to take away. as joe biden himself wrote in a letter today scolding the oil companies for not selling more oil, "we are living with the economic challenges that vladimir putin's actions have created for american families." see? it's that darn putin again. but biden has got a plan to fight these slavic cast gas crunch, imposing a new tax on energy. that way gas prices will drop because when you make something cost more, actually it's cheaper
5:06 pm
to buy. does that make sense? joe kernan may be the one sane person left on cnbc, here was his assessment of this. >> here's the final two lines of the letter. vladimir putin's price hike, which price hike are both capitalized, i'm not sure why, but vladimir putin's price hike are driving up costs for consumers. i appreciate your immediate attention to this issue and the efforts to mitigate the economic challenges that vladimir putin's actions have created for american families. so putin is mentioned five times i think. there's your last paragraph. the oil and gas company's respond. this is pure demagoguery, it's not going to help the issue, it's getting your eye off the real problems. i lived through the carter years. every day i get a stronger sense of deja vu. >> tucker: oh, jimmy carter, another great democratic leader undone by the russians, in his
5:07 pm
case leonore dominic brezhnev. in 1980 jimmy carter did what joe biden wants to do, he imposed a tax on the value oil sales in excess of $12.80. so what happened next? we know because it was study. the congressional research found that that tax have the effect of crippling domestic oil production by between 1.2 and 8%. our reliance on foreign oil meanwhile went up by as much as 13%. that doesn't really make sense. if the point of the tax was only to prevent "price gouging," how did this happen? while, in 2018, a paper in the journal of economic policy answer the question. the journal found that increased taxes on oil have the effect of discouraging oil producers to take risk on oil production. and those are actually high. at the tax foundation they found that "energy was the most volatile sector of the stock market in the 2010s and when the pandemic arrived more than 100 oil company went bankrupt in the major producers significant
5:08 pm
roll back their operations." so those are risky investments whether you agree with them or not. if you make them even riskier, production will decline even more. that seems like the obvious conclusion, and when production clients, prices get higher. and it seems to be, according to some people, what's happening. the ceo of chevron, whatever you think of chevron, knows a lot about oil, predicted "i personally don't believe there will be a new petroleum refinery ever built in this country again. what we've seen over the last two years our shutdowns. we seen refineries close, we seen refineries being repurposed to become buyer refineries. we can burn food in our cars. and we live in a world where the policy, the state of the u.s. government is to demand product that refineries produce. so when you don't allow people to produce something, what they once produced becomes scarce and therefore highly expensive and if you depend on it every day, you're screwed.
5:09 pm
that's what they are saying. but of course that sounds like russian disinformation. sounds like something putin himself wrote, and indeed that's what it is. what's really happening according to our energy secretary is this. >> our oil and gas producers have a responsibility. we are on a war footing. the price of oil, the price of gas is precipitating the high costs come at high percentage of inflation around the world, and so he's asking upon our domestic and international producers to produce more. russia's invasion of ukraine has caused the price of gas in the united states to go up $1.70 a gallon since the invasion occurred. ultimately, the solutions to make us energy secure, to make the baltic states energy secure, to make the entire world energy secure is to move to clean energy. no country has ever been held hostage to access to the sun or to access to the wind.
5:10 pm
>> tucker: you may be asking yourself why would you put someone like that was never had a real job and has achieved precisely nothing in her life and actually doesn't know anything what anything, i would you put her in a key position like secretary of energy? because she knows the science. she just told you, sun and wind are the most reliable forms of energy. it's not like clouds can block the sun or the wind might stop blowing. that's insane and don't think about nuclear power ramping up domestic energy production, that's what putin wants you to do. and so to keep our democracy safe, we can't do anything that helps putin. we should tell you that not all white house officials agree with this, logical as it seems. according to bloomberg "biden officials privately expressed concern that rather than dissuade the kremlin as intended, sanctions have instead exacerbated inflation, worsen food insecurity and pushed ordinary russians punished more than putin or his allies." you might be tempted to agree with those biden officials if you look at this chart showing that the value of the ruble, as we showed you, as measured against the dollar, is
5:11 pm
skyrocketing, so we felt putin with the sanctions. biden promised we would "reduce the ruble to rubble," cut and rush off from the rest of the world. maybe that's why food is so expensive. sorry. we are repeating russian disinformation again. jen psaki said it straight on that months ago. it turns out food is expensive because the meat conglomerates are greedy. they are greedy. they are so greedy they don't want to sell the products. watch this. >> i think the president thinks the way people across the country, american families, they just inflation by price increases and if you look at industry to industry, it's a little different. so for example, the president, secretary of agriculture, have both spoken to what we've seen as the grade of meat conglomerates. that is an area, one where people go to the grocery store and they're trying to buy i found pound of meat, two pots of meat, to consummate, the prices are higher. that is, in his view into view our secretary of agriculture
5:12 pm
because of, you could call it corporate greed, sure. >> tucker: yeah, so let's get someone who couldn't find a spark plug on the lawn mower to explain economics to us. it's great. again, not a defense of corporate america, which india greedy and dark, that's for sure, but the idea that prices are going up simply because of greed may leave a few links out of the chain. but elizabeth warren buys it completely. watch this. >> living in america where there's a lot more concentration in certain industries. look at the oil industry, look at the meat industry, look at groceries generally. what's happened is these companies have said you know, we will pass along costs, but while we're at it and everyone is talking about rising costs, let's just add an extra big dollop of cost increases to expand our profits. >> tucker: if we are going to get lectured all the time, can't we at least get a lecture with
5:13 pm
an iq over 100 with some kind of track record of doing something useful over the course of her entire 70 years on the planet, just for once? can't we get an impressive person to shout at us? no, we can't. what's interesting is that great of course is causing all of this come agree that putin decreed the companies adopt, but it's also true that trucks full of food are being turned away at the u.s. canada border so meat can't get to processing plants. why is this happening? it happen because of covid vaccine mandates, which are still being enforced by the biden administration and there were choir unvaccinated drivers to quarantine for 14 days since covid is so dangerous at a lot of drivers can't do that, and by the way, if they did, the contents of their trucks would spoil. so you might think that might have something to do with the supply chain issues that are making it impossible for you to fill your grocery cart. we are not going to hear that in the media. you know why?
5:14 pm
because like big meat and like big oil and like vladimir putin himself, according to joe biden, the media aren't giving him a fair shake. >> president biden: a lot of major things we've done but what we haven't done is we haven't been able to communicate it in a way that is -- let me say it another way. >> that's kind of perfect, able to can indicate. >> president biden: look how the press is changed. >> and exchanged. listen, i get it. as meg you over standard, you don't just understand it, you over stand it. here's the deal, one of the things is that it's very difficult now to have a -- with notable exceptions, even the really good reporters, they have to get a number of clicks on the nightly news. so instead of asking a question -- anyway, everything gets sensationalized in ways -- but i'm convinced we can get through this, we have to get through it. at one of the things -- look.
5:15 pm
>> i'm going to take a break and then we'll talk a little bit more if you don't mind. >> tucker: i can't complete a sentence, but the reason i can't communicate is because the media aren't sympathetic enough, they are not really on my side. they haven't helped me at all. and you know why? because they want to get clicks on the nightly news, which is now some sort of website. we could go on but the theme is really simple. nothing is joe biden's fault. not gas prices, not meat prices, not the media's coverage of inflation, none of it. you know whose fault it is? it's vladimir putin's fault. according to sandy cortez, actually you can blame what's a perm assist too and that may be exactly the same as putin, and that's the reason white supremacists only have 12 years to live. watch this. >> the climate crisis is a crisis born of injustice and it is a crisis born of the pursuit of profit of any and all human and ecological costs.
5:16 pm
which means that we must recognize in legislation that the trampling of indigenous rights is a cause of climate change, we are allowing people and we are allowing ourselves to make sure that we are allowing folks to deny ourselves human rights. >> tucker: so the descendant of conquistadors is once again lecturing you about racism. okay, sandy cortez. it's easy to mock her. on the other hand, open your mind. larry summers just told us that january 6th cost inflation, he's a very smart man despite his repulsive table manners. the idea that your racism is making the planet warmer isn't -- is actually possible. we can't say, we are not scientists. the one thing we can say for sure if the people who screwed up everything are in no way responsible for what they did legally or morally, in fact there blameless. and we can tell you that with confidence because the one thing
5:17 pm
we know for sure is that vladimir putin did it. shut up, he did it. jimmy stores host the show, we believe he is a loyal american, he joins us tonight. are you keeping a list of all the things putin is doing? >> russia is very powerful, they control a lot of things. they overthrew our government, they committed a coup on america, they control the gas prices and russia is responsible for our inflation, and let me just tell you, last time i checked, russia couldn't get there -- into trader joe's so i don't think they are controlling everything like they say they are. the democrats right now are in power, they have complete control of government and like all politicians don't want to take the blame for anything. they want you to blame everybody and everything or anybody and anything for the pain you're feeling right now except blame them, the people with the power right now, so that's why everything comes back to putin, because he is a proxy for the eric trump hate.
5:18 pm
right? larry summers blamed january 6th on inflation, which is an old -- clinton advisor. what they don't want us to realize is that we have a unipolar government, so if you vote for joe biden, you're voting for open. mitch mcconnell, the same thing. you're voting for our oligarchy, and they don't want you to know that and as soon as people wake up that we've been being screwed by the same billionaires that control joe biden, that control the republican party, that's what scares them. they don't want us to -- they don't want me on your show talking to your audience, telling them that people on the left, we smell a rat and we know that joe biden is completely controlled by the oligarchy and the corporations, and right now the american people are paying the price. what are we paying the price for? not for putin's inflation, not for putin gas high, this is joe biden's invasion, this is nato's invasion, this is joe biden's policies. these are joe biden's policies that are wrecking the dollar, that are propping up the ruble, stronger than it's ever been,
5:19 pm
and there blaming a foreign country. imagine if trump did that, they'd be making jokes about it every night on the nightly news. i mean the nightly talk shows. but of course they are not, they are all coddling. you saw jimmy kimmel have to call that old man, the guy who probably got stuck in the couch before he left that place. and you know joe biden is not making the decisions. we all know that he's mentally impaired and we all know that kamala harris isn't making those decisions because she also can't speak in clear sentences, so who is really running the country? well, whoever runs the democrat party, which is a handful of billionaires, those are the ones, so if you're paying a higher price -- they did a controlled demolition of our economy with the covid lockdowns and nobody wants to take her spots ability for that. covid lockdowns, which johns hopkins university proved save zero lives. they didn't make any impact on the death rate. whatsoever. right? so they don't want to take her spots ability for that. they want you to blame your neighbor. they want you to be angry the oligarchs or fauci or big pharma or the media that controls you, that makes you think that
5:20 pm
essential medicines are poison. they want you to bring your neighbor. everybody is if trumper or they're not. you are with us or against us, that the only message they have left and then they have censorship left, because they have failed, tucker. why do you think it is that mitch mcconnell and chuck schumer are the leaders in the house -- in the senate and nancy is the leader -- because they are not leaders. most people have negative charisma. i wouldn't ask chuck schumer direction to the freeway. why are they the leaders? because they are the ones who take the most money from the billionaire class that actually runs this country. they take the money from them and they disperse it so that other memos of congress so they vote for them as leader, not because they are leaders, but because they are the most corrupt. >> tucker: man is that true. great to see you tonight, thank you so much. >> thanks for having me. >> tucker: well, there was a legitimately stunning upset in a special election last night in an entirely hispanic, effectively, congressional district in texas.
5:21 pm
republican's took control of that district for the first time 1870. what happened and why? plus, an amazing and honestly shocking report, details of the fbi protecting hunter biden after he committed a federal gun crime, protected him. would they do the same for you? that's straight ahead. ♪ ♪
5:22 pm
5:23 pm
5:24 pm
5:25 pm
5:26 pm
♪ ♪ >> tucker: for years and years and years we've been told that wanting of border is racist. only white supremacists want borders. everyone else is an internationalist. well, it turns out that's not true, he never was true, but the results are in, it's completely untrue. you know who wants a border? hispanic voters. in 2020, donald trump flipped the potter county in texas, 95% hispanic and last night, you need more evidence, in a special election, or republican flipped the district that's 85% hispanic. nor republican has were presented that district since 1870. so you have to ask yourself, why so many self-described latino voters voting for white nationalist? it's very odd. glenn greenwald has noticed this trend, working on substeps, we are happy to have him join us today. how does this work exactly?
5:27 pm
>> it is kind of odd that the media narrative holds that the republican party is devoted to a project of white nationalism and whites of premises and at the same time large numbers of latino, asian, muslim, and black voters are either slowly or rapidly migrating to the republican party, which you would think would make people question whether that narrative could possibly be true, but you would be wrong. they are not questioning it, they are essentially attacking those people by saying they are too dumb and too primitive to understand their self-interest. >> tucker: the democratic party, and i know this from personal experience traveling a lot, does seem like a party that's wholly dominated by and that caters exclusively to the instincts of 45-year-old affluent personally unhappy white women. that's the way it seems to me. so how is that the multiracial party exactly?
5:28 pm
>> the split between the reality and what elite media and journalists -- and political people have been saying could not be wider. under the trump presidency, trump was held up at this hitler like figure, one of the two or three most recent people who wanted to all nonwhite people, he attracted more black and more latino and more asian voters then any republican in decades, and joe biden won for one reason and one reason only, because affluent suburban white women voted democrat after voting for republicans for a long time. if the exact opposite of what the media has been claiming. >> tucker: and it's provable! because we have the election results. it's just too unbelievable. great to see you, we will see you soon, i appreciate. >> yep, they're talking to you, tucker buried >> tucker: so joe biden, in an effort to undo the entire bill of rights, is now backing legislation that would effectively ban the sale of most guns in this country.
5:29 pm
under his bill you will get ten years in jail trying to buy, for example, a single magazine for your glock handgun. how much is ten years? for perspective, that is ten years more than biden's son received when he committed a federal gun felony. he lied on the federal gun form about his drug used in order to get a handgun. we knew that, we've known it for a while, but the "washington examiner" just put some meat on his bones, just uncovered hunter biden's texts in the days after he bought that revolver. and those texts reveal that in october of 2018, hunter biden acknowledged leaving that firearm in a car. if the vehicle, according to his to his sister-in-law and then girlfriend was unlocked with the window down and she was worried the kids are going to get it. she tried to get rid of the gun, she threw it in a trash can near to near a school and when she did that hunter biden melted down because the feds became involved. this is a direct quote. you now have me as an abusive with homicidal tendencies he wrote to her, and that's now in the hands of the fbi. wait a second, abusive?
5:30 pm
tell us more, what does that mean exactly? then hunter biden paraded his sister-in-law girlfriend for telling him his gun didn't belong in a locked car. but it turns out hunter biden had no reason to worry at all because he's joe biden's son. so the fbi not only didn't pursue charges, they protected him, and in fact it was federal agents, the secret service -- he is not entitled to secret service protection by the way, at the time. you paid for it anyway. the secret service on his behalf, on joe biden's behalf, went to the gun store, the very one were hunter biden had lied on the federal gun form, committing a felony, and try to grab the paperwork so no one would know. the results of all of this, no one red flagged him. the crackhead accused of homicidal tendencies. no, instead he was treated very gently by the media. here's an example. >> why did you have a gun? >> well, again, a period of my
5:31 pm
life that was difficult. it was -- but, you know, i don't know. >> according to the reporting, at one point the secret service went looking for the record of sale. >> i don't know anything about that. nothing. >> you know about the secret service being involved? >> i had no idea. i don't know whether the secret service were or why they would be. i don't think that that's true. >> tucker: but you did know, because it's in your texts. if you're lying, the federal government covered up your crimes. so to recap, you're not allowed to protect your family anymore but the president's son can do whatever he wants with firearms. so can ukrainians. by the way, guns are not free, their only free for ukrainians in a city of miami has me that expo said. "in an effort to support ukraine the city of miami will be hosting a gun buyback. only a green is good. [cackles] only the ukrainians, not you. the ukrainians. where does this leave the rest of us?
5:32 pm
as long as selective enforcement of the law is the policy of the binder administration, no american should be obligated to follow the gun regulations, because why would you? it's not even being applied to people who vote for or are related to joe biden, why should apply to you? gun owners are now banned from adopting dogs at one shelter in california. apparently the dogs get to be euthanized if you don't support gun confiscation. true story. details straight ahead. ♪ ♪
5:33 pm
5:34 pm
5:35 pm
5:36 pm
5:37 pm
>> tucker: is if you needed more evidence that deranged lifestyle liberals have infected everything in this country with their politics, even the nicest things, there's the story. a dog shelter in california is banning people from adopting dogs if they don't support gun confiscation. the shelter will now conduct a one-hour interview interview of people who want to adopt dogs, growing them if they have the right politics.
5:38 pm
here's a local news report on it. >> owner kim sale is asking this question on the pet adoption application. "how do you feel about gun control?" >> i don't think it's a bad thing to ask people how they feel like in control, i don't think it's bad. i think it's good to know how your neighbor's field. the trouble began when she sent out a newsletter supporting gun control and announced her private rescue shelter would stop adopting out animals to anyone opposing gun restrictions. >> we are a dog rescue, we are a nonprofit, we get to choose who gets these dogs. >> tucker: so you deny a dog a home because you don't like the politics of the person who wants to adopt the dogs? and by the way, dogs love hunting with guns, that's a fact. lara trump isn't animal rescue advocate and strongly pro-dog, she joins us today. i can't think of a story -- there is something so grotesque about this and something absolute awful but i will stop and let you assess what you think of it.
5:39 pm
>> yeah, i mean, it is so tragic on every front really, this entire situation. they used to be that we had a few spaces left in our society that were not tarnished by politics and obviously animals was one of those spaces and unfortunately, as you just heard there, thanks to a shelter in, no surprise, california, that apparently is gone as well and here are the numbers, because it's roughly 6 million animals a year that find themselves sadly in shelters. they all are looking for homes and unfortunately just shy of about a million of those animals are euthanized every year because they can't find homes and obviously we know the shelters are overrun, so what you have here is a situation where a group that claims to care about animals is telling us very happily that they care more about discriminating against people for constitutional rights, for their second amendment freedom, than they do about finding good homes
5:40 pm
for animals, and the two are not mutually exclusive. it's not that you can be a responsible legal gun owner or be a loving pet parent, because you are looking at a great example of that. i happen to be a strong supporter of the second to moment along with my husband eric. we have to go dogs that, believe me, take up more space in our bed at night than even the two of us. they are living a great life. but the saddest part of this is all of those animals that of course are not going to find a home now because of people just complete ignorance and total intolerance. it is so sad to see, and quite frankly, a really awful commentary on our society as a whole at this point i think. >> tucker: it is just so unbelievably cruel. by the way, the people i know who love and understand their dogs best hunt with their dogs. >> the track. >> tucker: i appreciate you coming on and all you do on behalf of dogs, thank you. >> thank you. >> tucker: so we've got a long memory, it extends like two months back and we recall the
5:41 pm
time when anyone who suggested sanctions against russia wouldn't really hurt russia but would hurt this country is immediately denounced as a traitor to this country and threatened with arrest. that turned out to be true, actually, that production. the white house has admitted the sanctions are failed, they've made putin richer and you poorer. why is this not on the front page of "the new york times"? we got details ahead. ♪ ♪
5:42 pm
hi, i'm denise. i've lost over 22 pounds with golo in six months and i've kept it off for over a year. i was skeptical about golo in the beginning because i've tried so many different types of diet products before. i've tried detox, i've tried teas, i've tried all different types of pills, so i was skeptical about anything working because it never did. but look what golo has done. look what it has done. i'm in a size 4 pair of pants. go golo. (soft music)
5:43 pm
5:44 pm
5:45 pm
5:46 pm
♪ ♪ >> tucker: well, we can get pretty absorbed in how we are losing our rights in this country, and we certainly are, but occasionally it's worth looking across the atlantic to europe from which we borrowed our cultural and legal system to see how they're doing with human rights, and the answer is even worse than we are. europe is no less safe and less free than it's been in living memory. dutch legal philosopher who's been chronicling this, she is sounding the alarm that things are happening in europe that have not happened in a very, very long time, or markable conversation with her,
5:47 pm
bring the episode of "tucker carlson today." here's a short piece of it. ♪ ♪ >> you can see even that the establishment goes after politicians who dissent from the left-wing globalist rhetoric with legal means. and you can see that not just for politicians, but during covid for example, we see that being used against ordinary civilians, so they will have task force, even a military task force in the netherlands that is completely just has this one job and it is to crack down on free speech and they will say everything that goes against the government's narrative when it comes to covid for example forms a danger for society, therefore it's disinformation, we need to take it down. >> tucker: and they will use force to do that? >> well, not yet -- you probably have seen, you know, although demonstrations that we had where the police used force against protesters, that they've done for sure. not yet so much when it comes to
5:48 pm
freedom of speech in the sense that they crackdown on disinformation but they haven't done it with force yet. >> tucker: if they have guns and they're telling you to stop doing something, the threat is inherent. >> yes, and we don't have guns because like i said, we don't have a first amended but we sure as hell don't have a second to memory. >> tucker: so it's not a free country is what you're saying? >> i think it's an illusion, it's an illusion of a free country, all the things i find important for a free democratic nation are not real. so if you are going to arrest as the state arrests dissidents, you don't have free speech. if you have politicians who are protected 24/7 because he's always under rattle might radical islamist start also being imported by elites and you have the state that comes after him and prosecutes him for the things that he says, i don't think you can talk of a real free nation, no. >> tucker: she's not overstating it. in the u.k. a man was just arrested for making fun of
5:49 pm
george floyd on a private social media -- arrested. that episode is absolutely worth watching, it will come up tomorrow morning, 7:00 a.m. fox nation. so we were number very well being called a traitor to the country by people like chuck schumer who optically don't care about the country, for predicting that maybe their sentience on russia would be counter productive. bloomberg is reporting that some bite officials are expressing concern that rather than dissuade the kremlin as intended, american sanctions have instead is extirpated inflation, punished ordinary russians more than putin or his allies. noted that "the collateral damage from the sanctions has been wider than expected." you think? it wasn't hard to predict, we predict that it months ago, it was obvious even then, lunatic, pushed by ron klain, biden's chief of staff who runs the country. we said that out loud we were denounced as traders for it. here the original argument. in order to fight tyranny, the
5:50 pm
united states must embrace collective punishment, hurt the children to bring justice. these are our values because vladimir putin is a moral monster. these are not traditional western concepts of justice, but joe biden or heartedly endorses nimitz otis the dominant bipartisan coalition in the united states congress. the question is is this a wise course? thinking through world changing policies in any way before enacting them, pausing to reflect, we have learned, is disloyal. adult moral calculations or treason, thinking about your own country is a crime. the immediate goal, again, the bipartisan goal, is to turn russia into a pariah state. again, the question isn't whether vladimir putin deserves that. it's more than a moral question. the question is how will that work out for us and for the world? american citizens have a right to ask that question. oh, but you don't have a right, you should be arrested, your committing treason, to people
5:51 pm
who actually don't like america at all, so the question is they got it wrong again, will they ever admit it? will they ever pay the price for getting something huge wrong? victor davis hanson is a senior fellow at the hoover institution, we are honored to have them join us again tonight. thanks so much for coming on. it's not a defensive putin to say it is stupid, will anybody ever be punished for this? >> it's an age-old role against sanctions of autocratic governments that have impoverished populations. as a paradox because the populations don't have a say, so they can't really -- you know, they can't change policy unless they have a coup, and they are accustomed to a much lower standard of living, so if it's a big country like russia, that affects gas or something, we feel $7 a gallon gas or in california here or lack of baby formula a lot more than the russians feel a lot worse punishment. these are people who lost 20 million in world war ii, so there's a paradox, and the
5:52 pm
solution was always in these russian-speaking areas that are contested to deter him not to go further and then to have a plebiscite and see if they want to be with putin or ukraine. and how you get there is to resist his aggression, but the only way the ukrainians are going to win very quickly is to do things that are unthinkable to a nuclear power, and that would be give them ship weapons, sink the black fleet, as people have talked about or take out russian generals or conduct raids in russia. that's really harebrained and that's the type of preemptive offensive defense that would maybe give them a chance, but in itself would be crazy, and get the more this goes on, there's going to be people thinking about and so it's better to just get people together and say this is a tragedy and let's look at these people that speak a majority russian in these things and maybe we can have -- sanctions can be ended and people will agree and it might not work, i probably won't work but i don't want to see us fight
5:53 pm
the last ukrainians to get every single russian out of ukraine where the majority on the border are speaking russian. and that's not to excuse them a prudent, but we've got some really crazy people same crazy things about her very ill dictator was got his finger on 6,000 nuclear weapons aimed at the west. >> tucker: so reckless it's on believable, so nicely put and that's exactly right. victor davis hanson, thank you so much. >> thank you. >> tucker: so elon musk, who doesn't seem to be very political, all of a sudden has announced who he is supported for president in 2024. we will be right back, we got that. ♪ ♪
5:54 pm
5:55 pm
5:56 pm
5:57 pm
5:58 pm
>> tucker: really talking about something that involves every american whether they know it or not. they literally accused of you betraying the country. what the hell? we've got too much debt. the only way out is inflation. there's no way out of it.
5:59 pm
>> tucker: on twitter, elon musk is buying twitter boasting he voted republican in texas, for mayra flores. here's what i wrote. first time i ever voted republican, massive red wave in 2022. someone else on twitter asked musk who he'll be supporting for president his response is one word, desantis. governor desantis was asked about this today and here is his response. >> i'm focused on 2022 but with elon musk what i would say is i welcome support from african-americans. what can i say? >> tucker: pretty good! we're out of time. unfortunately, we have a public service announcement.
6:00 pm
tony fauci has covid despite getting 27 vaccine boosters. he has it! apparently, he's infectious! so if you see him, pretty small -- but if you look down and see him, stay away he's a typhoid mary of georgetown. we're back tomorrow night. spend time with the ones you love. sean hannity next. >> sean: welcome to "hannity." in a moment we'll cover today's whopping three quarters of a point rate hike from the fed, the single biggest increase since 1994 and we'll tell you how this specifically will negatively impact the already horrific biden economy, but get this, we actually begin with good news, the tide is already turning in the washington sewer and swamp. help is on the way in what could be a canary in the

61 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on