Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  May 30, 2022 5:00pm-6:00pm PDT

5:00 pm
can incentivize him and say we could offer to help your business, if you do or don't agree to our demands. you think you so much for your great reporting, we appreciate you joining us on prime time. that's all for tonight's, always , i'm waters, and this is my world. ♪ >> welcome to a special memoria day addition of tucker carlson tonight. we talked about lots of genuinely interesting people an the last year. we talked to some of the bigges names of entertainment, politics , business, a lot of them you probably never heard of , we have niter, but we learned a lot every single time. one of those people we talked i was travis tritt, country music star who told us when his caree
5:01 pm
began he was living a kind of conventional rockstar life, partying, drugs, loose women in than he asked himself a simple question and that changed his life forever. ♪ >> in august of 1989, when we find nearly released my first single, not only. >> tucker: this is the shock. >> this is it. >> my prayers we're answered, not only did this on good top ten, but became the largest selling country music single in warner bros. nashville's division had ever released up until that point. what song was at? >> it was called country club. am a member of the country club. that immediately come, when it took off, warner bros. came bac in and said we really want you now, we have got to rush back i and we've got to do a complete album. we want. >> you out the. so we want to get something recorded.
5:02 pm
the rest is sort of history. >> tucker: so many questions for it if this was a behind the music episode, this would be th time that you get screwed by th man and addicted to end vitamins . >> no, it's true. how did you avoid having that happen? >> may be that did happen. >> i had my bouts with drugs an alcohol, and all the things that , your 27 -year-old kid, and you've got all of a sudden, eve got all of these things that ar available to you, and it would take someone with up much stronger constitution than i ha two. >> but you're still here after 35 years, how did you do that? >> i realized quickly how it wa going to destroyed my life if i stayed on that path. so i was only involved in that
5:03 pm
for may be 2-3 years at the most . after that, i remember waking u after being up for a couple of days and being strung out and just inking to myself, you know what, you are about to destroy, you have had every dream that you've ever had in your life, has come true for you. you are about to destroy this for what's? for a momentary pleasure? it is stupid. >> how did you get that clarity? >> i don't know. i think a lot of my brain probably had a lot to do with that. i knew what i was doing and it was wrong from a moral standpoint, but i also knew tha it was i could just see the signs of it, and i had lots of people that had gone before me,
5:04 pm
i had seen a lot of friends mim of mind that had gone down that same path, and it destroyed their lives. not only did it destroy their careers, it destroyed their lives completely. some of them lost their lives a a result of it. i've always been pretty good about looking at other people and learning from other people. >> that is the root of wisdom. we have all these college courses right in front of us. >> absolutely, and you can lear so much. >> at think i learned a lot fro that, and all of it sort of cam together. it was like an epiphany for me. a kind of all came together at the same time and it was like, you've got to stop this. it doesn't mean you have to tak credit completely, you know, i still would drink, and. >> but not to access. >> exactly.
5:05 pm
>> is so tell us your tour schedule at this point. >> the first to years, i can tell you this, the first to years after we started having success with recordings, the first to years, i was home a total of 14 days each year. so 28 days over the course of two years, and no two days or ever together. >> your wife, and you've got children, how do you keep your life, i am fascinated. what are the rules that you impose on yourself or you can sort of say stay sane and norma in the face of that much travel. >> when we found out that we were expecting our first child in 1998, or 1997 actually. she was born in 1998, i made a
5:06 pm
decision at that particular point that i was going to take some time off. >> fair. >> for two reasons, to fold. i wanted to see what being a father was all about great i'd never done that before. and i also wanted to be there for her first steps, her first words, but also, i had been involved with that same record deal with warner bros. since 1987, and basically, i was at a point with them where i was tired of them and they were tired of me. it was time to part ways. so i made my mind up in 1998 that i was going to take as muc time off as i needed to see wha being a father was all about an also to get out of that record deal and find myself another one
5:07 pm
. i accomplished all that between 1998 and 2000. >> tucker: billions of dollars mccue sandwiches rate how did h do that? heat made pretty good sandwiche and he worked like an animal from almost the age of 19. now he's enjoying it, but it wasn't an easy path. quickly, he learned that runnin a business it's tough, and it's really tough when you challenge the people in power. to get your based in illinois, friend illinois, you are the sandwiches and champagne or banner, but is there a future for business in illinois? >> gosh, i became a florida resident in 2007, and i am stil a florida resident, we have now moved to nashville and nashvill is just terrific.
5:08 pm
i'm not a pro on giving advice about what it's like in illinois , but you cannot treat business owners and you can't put so much burden on the peopl that are the makers. and i appreciate that they need that taxes are important, but you just get to a breaking poin i think illinois has last thought of how the money is made . you get one, i get one. through inextricable once in a while and maybe he will lay three eggs. it's brutal, and the lack of empathy and compassion for the makers, we are 24-7, 365. we don't get days off. we had to show up work for $3 a a time. it's a hard business to succeed in. to actually, i did incredibly well, the american dream is alive right i'm a billionaire, and everything in life that you
5:09 pm
would ever dream of, i've got i or i've done whatever i wanted to do and that's great. but that's not really what make you happy. what makes you happy is seeing growth and seeing the dream is still alive. and that makes me proud to. the u.s. government is the greatest business in the world to pray to 50 percent of the upside is that every deal. they just keep laying more honest. i got involved with mitt romney and that campaign because my partner that bodice and bought 20 percent at jimmy tom's in 2007 grew up with the romney family. was a nice man and thought he would be a great leader so i supported him. after obama won his second term i was completely annihilated i'
5:10 pm
overweight, i am very successfu rich, so i get out of me for th whole three things. canceled before canceling was called. i had no idea i was going to be attacked. anyway, i spent all my time in court and a did tell the business and i'm happy i did, but this is interesting, i've hired a company to go back into the forensics over all the mone came from and all the attacks and all the canceling on me and it's all came from politics, al from the democratic party. all supported by them or their packs or soros, or whatever. and it was a travesty because i was just coming in it so that other americans could could do what i did. my dad came from i think i met my mother was an immigrant. i'm a dyslexic billionaire and just wanted to be able to do what i was able to do. that's why i did it. >> bobby kennedy jr. is one of
5:11 pm
the bravest and most decent people we have ever met for the sin of telling the truth he's been blacklisted everywhere on every show on every network grade they've gone after his family. we decided to talk to him anywa and let him speak at length. he told us about his relationship with america's sen self appointed coronavirus sars. the whole thing was amazing. that is straight ahead.
5:12 pm
5:13 pm
5:14 pm
5:15 pm
5:16 pm
♪ >> the cool thing is you can start you never thought you would meet. one of them for many years, he was one of the most popular characters on the show general hospital. then the network told all the actors they had to get the vaccination or lose their job. he thought this was a free country, thought it was his bod and his choice and got fired fo it. now he sued abc. he told us that a lot of people on the set agreed with him, but they stayed quiet to correct their careers. here it is. ♪ >> i was still blown away that i'm sitting here having this conversation with you. and never thought i would do this. also, i can't turn a blind eye.
5:17 pm
when i see people being coerced so i guess and a way this can't fight kinda chose me. even though i'm the bring in bu bringing this lawsuit, this is much bigger than me. this is about basic human rights . and the freedom come at the medical freedom to choose great it's about the people who have lesser jobs in the ones that will lose their jobs in the future because of these corporate men vaccine mandates. i'm confident and i'm hoping we can make an impact with these case, i have a great team of lawyers who i was introduced from robert kennedy. the attorneys in la our in the forefront of this fight, you ma have heard about some of these places. the avenue cases about la county , la safety and even against gavin newsom. the same group that is helping with those cases are helping me now as well which is a group
5:18 pm
called the perc group as well s i'm grateful for that. >> tucker: as you are there in this idyllic world in the job that you love. i'm watching a man he loves tha wants to keep doing it, but he can't. so that is there is something really sad about that. so you hear these vaccine mandates are coming down from the corporate monsters at disney , do you take it seriously , do you think it's going to actually happen? >> yes. >> really? could get yes, i think it was going in that direction. and we were hearing about it. they said they were going to take religious exemption, and w put in for that and that was denied. >> so you went with the process?
5:19 pm
>> i did. even though i'm against all of its freight i went with that. could get no one ever says that out loud, but i know a million of people who have gotten the fakes fake vaccination cards. i'm not taking a position eithe way, but you could have done that. >> believe me, i heard about that, and i know people that have them, but that's not standing up, i couldn't do that i'm not that person that can just turn a blind eye, i have t fight freight if icao corporation is pulling people and coercing them, i am adding to the problem if i would have done that. i feel the same way just you know. >> walking away of course is a great job, great income. there was no choice. >> at one of the things i'm disappointed is is there i am the only one sitting here.
5:20 pm
there are so many people in hollywood, many people and the entertainment industry that agree with my values and my views on this, and a massive social media accounts, but they are too afraid to speak up, which blows my mind because the are always hoping that this vaccine mandates will go away o their own and they're not. they don't want to add salt to an already inflamed wound, but let me tell you, your coworkers you don't have to mention any names or anything, but 25 years. >> the this is what i say to people, let's say everybody was standing up for me on the sets, one of the comments i get is i am vaccinated, but i stand for medical freedom. think that's an important thing to say. if we were to hold arms togethe and they would have canceled th show and that means the crew doesn't have their jobs.
5:21 pm
>> that's what i believe. i don't think we are to get are zealots. >> we are kind of the show over here on the side that makes the a little bit of money and has a slot. we are always skating on thin ice, we have to be super careful , if we would have done that, i think they would have canceled the show. so that's not an option. there are a lot of people comin up to me privately, there's a lot of people on the show, and i'm not going to name names obviously, but there are a lot of conservatives on the show. >> we don't mean to criticize big pharma. bill gates is one of the bigges in the mrna vaccine and tony fo fyke is the limit of the bigges opponents. private enough to get a close look at that question per it pu it in his book the real anthony
5:22 pm
and fauci. we spoke to him about what he found, listen carefully to this conversation. >> in the book, even in the title of the book you make the convict between fauci and bill gates. those who aren't familiar with that connection can you give us a sense of what is. >> in 2000 tony fauci flew out to washington and he had this very strange meeting and bill gates and his $85 million mansion on the gates of lake, washington. he said i want to propose a partnership in the partnership was to vaccinate all of humanity . they ended up calling that they rechristened the program the
5:23 pm
decade of vaccines, it went to the un and gave this speech in which he promised to vaccinate essentially all of humanity wit the multi- vat or e of vaccines by 2020. and he began asserting and usin his florencia p to create a series of quasi- intergovernmental agencies. and then he gained control of the who. what he calls what he does full and throw capitalism. it's not florencia p, it's abou enriching the capitalist. what he does is he--and he does this in a number of areas, he does it with food, he does it with core curriculum, he buys large stakes in companies that could benefit from a change in
5:24 pm
governmental policies, a worldwide change in governmenta policies. he owns large stakes in almost all the big pharmaceutical companies, and he gives essentially about a billion dollars to who every year, but through rotary international international, through other foundations, but they are in th u.s. which is the second biggest . that gives him control over who 's policies, over the analysis of the who saying ther is nothing that goes through wh that is not vetted first by the gates foundation. who controls the hiv money and it funds the health agencies of most african countries so they are completely reliant on those annual checks from who. what gates in who do because a
5:25 pm
lot of people interview ho do not want to do this, he is taking them away from their traditional occupations which was economic development by a chain of food supply and production. in local democracy and local controls. who does very little of that an they focus over 50 percent of their budget focused on the polio vaccine, the more you loo at it though, the more corrupt eight gets, but his teal with tony fauci, which i go into in detail what the result is, the outcome for that bargain on the lives of millions and millions of africans and south asians ha been absolutely catastrophic. >> tony robbins has been famous for like 40 years is a motivational speaker.
5:26 pm
it probably shouldn't surprise any of us that there is a reaso for that. he's an amazing person. we had an amazing conversation with him. and then real-life exorcist explained what that life is like . it will change your view. that is straight ahead.
5:27 pm
5:28 pm
5:29 pm
5:30 pm
5:31 pm
>> welcome to fox news life rat getting home from your memorial date destination could prove difficult with nearly 7,000 flights canceled worldwide bird about 400 involved aircraft scheduled to fly to are from u.s. cities. delta air lines canceling most flights among major u.s. airlines break the blame problems with weather, air traffic control, and staffing shortages due to covid 19. and annual memorial day cruise night in lincoln, nebraska, two people were killed, 20 other
5:32 pm
injured when a crash sunday night sent two cars into a crow of bystanders. lincoln police say there is no evidence suggesting it was intentional. oh street is a popular spent four cruisers over memorial day weekend and draws thousands of spectators. now back to tucker carlson tonight for all of your headlines log on to foxnews.com. >> welcome back to this special edition of tucker carlson perry tony robbins who is a name you may have been to a seminar he i one of the most famous life and business strategist in the world , he didn't start that way, he grew up poor. we had a remarkable conversatio with tony robbins about how his life changed in the decisions that changed it. here is part of it. >> as a young kid i went throug a rough childhood in mmb care about other people because i knew what suffering was like.
5:33 pm
>> rough in what way? >> my mom was beautiful woman she was all he's making a chang in that area, we had no money s we had no money for food, somebody fed me at thanksgiving when i was 11 and it changed me it made me believe that change or strangers care. if strangers cared about me, i wanted to care about strangers. my mom would abuse alcohol and prescription drugs. i never talked about it while she was alive, but i hope a lot of kids now and i look into a this tall white guy is successful, so some of these kids a family told them a true story i mom would for liquid soap down my throat saying i wa wiping. she was one of the most loving human beings and she pushed me to never give up, so a huge par of who i am came from her. if she had been the mom i wante than i probably probably
5:34 pm
wouldn't be the man i am proud to be. most of my skills came from protecting my brother and sister . i love it because when i'm if i had been well fed, i don't know. >> so you didn't have a predictable young life, you would've been a different person . >> my core has always been doin big things, regardless. she said tony has always been like this. she said when he was four years old, she was pregnant with my brother, we lived downtown central la, and we were on commercial street, and went nex door she gave me money for milk and. , she said where was it freight there was a poor boy there and gave him my money. she said where poor. i had that sensitivity, but i think suffering either makes yo really not care about people an focus on yourself, or it makes you have more compassion for
5:35 pm
what all human beings go through . >> when you hear the word exorcist or exorcism, what you think of? well, a movie of course beginning with the original almost 50 years ago. it turns out the topic is not fiction, it's entirely real. of one of the most amazing conversations we've ever had with anybody happened recently with the catholic priest, he is the appointed exorcist for the diocese of indianapolis. he is as sober and smart person with a good sense of humor. what he told us changed our vie of exorcism. he explains in this clip, the first one he ever saw he saw a human being levitate, watch this . >> 's levitation sometimes manifestation? >> i have witnessed that. >> you help witness levitation? >> can you describe it?
5:36 pm
>> it was in rome, one of the ones i was sitting in on and when the demon had manifested, and it was thrashing around and there is the eyes welled in the back of the head, throwing out blasphemies, in one moment the demon got very calm and just kind of sat in the chair like this and then just looked at me and grinned this hideous grin and then i look over, and the person is beginning to rise out of the chair in the demon is just looking at me and grinning greatly click it what i can do and i am looking at this in disbelief. what i found more amazing was the priest, his response, he as holding the right in his hand, he looks over and he sees the levitation, and he reads, he looks over stays the levitation he reads, he finally takes his hand and puts it on the head of the person and pushes them back down into the chair.
5:37 pm
what i think he was saying is i'm not impressed. what's more impressive is the prayer of the church, not the theatrics of the devil. >> i'm impressed, i'm pretty anti- devil, but. >> and that didn't scare you? >> i would say back then. that was back in 2006, but thes things don't phase me in the least anymore and i have witnessed a lot of things that people might think are not possible. again,. >> can you give us another example? >> so i did and exorcism in alaska three years ago at the request of the bishop there, an we were in a eskimo village, 30 the demon, when it manifested, there was hooping hume
5:38 pm
superhuman strength there, that was where five people took to hold the demon down. the demon only spoke to me once you could see the thrashing, yo can see the anger, you could se the pure hatred in evil that th demons have for the exorcist, because the demons have to obey exorcist. it's by divine justice. there is a certain way they hav to operate, and they can't stan that they are being commanded t do something by someone they consider inferior to themselves. so at one point when i held the crucifix up in the reason the exorcist will hold up the crucifix is to say you have bee defeated before you will be defeated again. when jesus was dying on the cross, the devil believed he ha one, but the moment of his perceived victory becomes the moment of his defeats. when i held up the crucifix, th demon yelled out at me and said your god is dead freight in the
5:39 pm
began to thrash on the floor an that is when it took five other people to hold the demon down. >> that conversation is well worth watching, even if you're not a devout catholic, you will learn something and you will likely be convinced father vinc lambert, you can stream that whole thing tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. here on fox nation. >> amazon.com may be the single most powerful company in the world, one woman told us a shocking story about how amazon tries to use that power to destroy her family. and then the leader of the brecht state party, one of the few successful political partie in recent years, he almost died before he could get it off the ground. a very cold conversation next i a special edition of tucker carlson tonight.
5:40 pm
5:41 pm
5:42 pm
5:43 pm
self-driving cars. our power grid. water treatment plants. hospital systems. they're all connected to the internet... and vladimir putin or a terrorist could cause them all to self-destruct... a cyber 9-11 that would destroy our country. i'm dan o'dowd and i wrote the software that keeps our air defenses secure. i approved this message because i need your vote for u.s. senate to send a message... congress needs to fix this.
5:44 pm
out-of-state corporations wrote an online sports betting plan they call "solutions for the homeless". really? the corporations take 90 percent of the profits. and using loopholes they wrote, they'd take even more. the corporations' own promotional costs, like free bets, taken from the homeless funds. and they'd get a refund on their $100 million license fee, taken from homeless funds, too. these guys didn't write a plan for the homeless. they wrote it for themselves. ♪ >> welcome back to the special edition of tucker carlson tonight.
5:45 pm
at mom and entrepreneur her husband is a former real estate transaction manager for amazon. she said that amazon is the listed the fbi to rate her home and sees her family's assets after her husband got into a dispute with his employer. amy nelson, it took a lot of courage to tell that story coming here is part of that. >> how did your husband bump heads with. >> he left aws in 2019 and started doing real estate development on his own includin with amazon. as an outside consultant. in april 2nd of 2020, about two weeks into the pandemic, we got a knock on our door at 6:45 a.m and it was to fbi agents. it was shocked. i answered the door. >> where we live in?
5:46 pm
>> we were living in seattle. we had a glass door. i had a baby on my hip come up my youngest daughter was about eight months old. i wondered who was at my door a 6:35 a.m. i kind of asked throop motionin through the door, who was there in the woman flashed her fbi badge. i open the door and called for my husband because she went sai she wanted to speak to him and said to my husband is a lawyer said this in front of the fbi agents, you cannot talk to the fbi without an attorney go amy. >> here's the thing, tucker. in america we feel like if law enforcement talks to you, if yo say i want a lawyer you are saying. you don't say that because your guilty, is say that because you need to protect yourself risky because there are people in prison who didn't follow that a device. >> my comp husband didn't have
5:47 pm
conversation that day, but he said that day he was a federal target of a federal investigation and that is the court district that is located in the dulles corridor related to amazon real estate transactions for they told us that day they intended to see certain bank accounts of ours. so that started this entire sag that relates to three amazon related real estate transactions . amazon has all of the data centers at the heart of their obligations, amazon is making tens of millions if not hundred of millions of dollars a year from these data centers. they allege that my husband deprived them of his related to the acquisition of the data center. and we now know, which we
5:48 pm
learned really slowly over time because but government investigations aren't something that you learn everything upfront, we learned slowly over time that amazon went to the fb and made these accusations. >> did they go to your husband first? >> they did not freight it's interesting, tucker because eve the day the fbi showed up at ou house are husband my husband ha his lawyer call amazon and say i'd really like to talk to you. about what's going on. and he's done that multiple times over the past two years i amazon has always refused to speak to him. it is curious to me by a compan would spend $1,000 an hour on lawyers trying to put someone i prison and not speak to them when they are more than willing to come talk to them. >> nigel's favorites because th leader of a political party he did something he led the exit movement in the uk which works.
5:49 pm
several years before he did tha back in 2010, he nearly died in a plane crash that changed his life. he told us what happened in those moments. watch. >> wire you in the point? >> typical may, doing something ridiculous. flying a banner a pro exit patriotic manner. it all went wrong because of th account. one of the drops, one of the ropes for the banner. >> those banners are dangerous. >> i thought it was a full five minutes, but it was a tough incident as well. and no. >> but you're in the plane, and you notice something wrong. >> because the pilot that gives
5:50 pm
you the hint. that things aren't in the right place. and, so than you try to rationalize what do i do. you try to gain height as much as he could to turn around, so we at least crashed back on the areas to. so about five minutes i suppose. the initial fear and then you think what do i do? do i text anybody, do i ring anybody and i thought no, that would be awful, especially if you died a few minutes later yo would hope the person, it would literally help the person you texted or whatever didn't end u saying anything because i'm sitting next to this diet and this guy doesn't want to die anymore than i duper toward the end of it, as the plane is out of control and the grout comes rushing up, it's kind of a resignation. >> so you know you were going down? >> it was a resignation of
5:51 pm
thinking well, this is it. because it's over quick. it's all you can think. but the banner hits the ground, the plane goes down, i remember the nose hitting the ground. it just came straight down. >> about 40 feet, it was straight down it flipped over o its back. it almost happened in slow motion and then it comes to rest . and i thought i could barely breathe. and i thought, okay. it can never get worse than this . >> injure covert infield? >> if i get covert infield, nobody will believe i survived this crash spread five minutes later, a rescue party arrived, unstrapped me. >> so you remained in the airplane? to get one of our all-time favorite guests not a partisan
5:52 pm
in any sense, is there anyone who doesn't like micro? ilion swatches show. he trolled as how he got his first job was back with qvc mor than 30 years ago. what's the story. that is straight ahead on this special edition tucker carlson tonight.
5:53 pm
5:54 pm
5:55 pm
(announcer) it's time to lose the weight for good. try golo. no subscriptions, just real results that last! -i've lost 70 pounds. -58 pounds. -22 pounds. -128 pounds. 138 pounds in nine months. crazy, right? (laughing) (announcer) it's time to put dieting behind you and get your health and vitality back. (woman) once you start this plan, and you do what you're supposed to do, you are going to feel amazing, you're gonna have a new life. (announcer) change your life now at golo.com
5:56 pm
5:57 pm
>> tucker: welcome back to our special memorial day addition. micro as a great guy, dirty job is one of the most successful shows ever on cable. nobody knew he was, he walks into a job interview with qvc, he'd never been on tv before birth the proofreaders told him to talk for eight minutes straight and to use his time to sell on number two pencil. that was the test by the job. here's how it went. ♪ >> what did you say about the
5:58 pm
pencil? get the first thing you do is you get into the obvious future benefits. it's yellow, that's the feature but what is the benefit? you're a busy person and when you open your cluttered desk door, that right canary yellow pops out so you don't waste valuable time rummaging around great you talk about the eraser but not just the fact that it's there, you talk about the fact that it's there in the exact proportions needed to last the life of the pencil based on careful studies that will indicate the amount of erasing the average pencil role require during course of its life as yo sharpen it, it gets smaller. so this pencil is made with everything you need and nothing you don't. and of course you talk about th little silver thing that attaches the pencil to the eraser. i said it silver which is why the pencil is $20 freight money that was raised from this penci will come back to help the kids in madagascar, why?
5:59 pm
madagascar graphite is what's inside, not lead. that's important because if you lick the tap of wit you will go crazy with the poisoning, but that madagascar graphite, i'm just going on and on. and then, i'm two minutes in. so you start talking about yourself, the first love letter i wrote to heather leavy i wrot in pencil. the first crossword in the last one i do in pencil because you need to be able to correct your mistakes every great serum from einstein was written and a pencil the list goes on. so you start talking about the impact of a pencil not just on western civilization, but on th individual who yields a at. is crafted is a tool. when you put it in the hands of tradesmen, what comes out the other end of your picasso, priceless sketches. now, the question is, the penci
6:00 pm
goes to you, what will you do with it? >> we are out of time, but happ memorial day to you and your family, we will be back tomorro in every night at 8:00 p.m. the show that is the sworn enemy of groupthink, we will see you soon . ♪ >> welcome to the special edition of hannity and tonight we will highlight some of our very best interviews from the past few months first up, my exclusive interview with the academy award-winning actor sea penn and the actor had recently visited ukraine's days before the forces invaded. he described the scenes of her in the war-torn country of ukraine. take a look.

329 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on