Skip to main content

tv   The Ingraham Angle  FOX News  October 11, 2021 7:00pm-8:00pm PDT

7:00 pm
and i want to thank sean for this opportunity and his entire team for making this so easy. make sure you check out that tammy bruce streaming on fox nation, my show which is why it has my name and you can also find me on locals. as always, thank you for joining us, always an honor and a pleasure and also an honor to be able to hand this off now to laura ingraham coming up next. >> laura: great job, great to see you tonight and i am laura ingraham, this is the ingraham angle from washington. the ucla doctor was aggressively removed from his hospital for refusing to comply with the systems mask mandate. that doctor in the video he took are here. plus, kamala harris is caught staging a political stop and what happens when pelosi met the pope? raymond arroyo has that in seen and unseen. first, the democrats long winter, the focus of tonight's
7:01 pm
angle. we already know that biden team is incompetent on many fronts, their embarrassing performance in afghanistan. in foreign policy, their humiliation across the table from their counterparts and that the border importing a trifecta of disasters from covid to crime to poverty, but as nightmarish as all of that has been, biden's on track to eclipse all of it with his pathetic handling of the economy. >> when you take a step back and look at what's happening, we are actually making real progress. maybe it doesn't seem fast enough, i'd like to see it faster and we are going to make it faster. >> laura: he will still be making this claim in 2024. it's coming any day now because things are always going to improve in the future but they never do. it's the ultimate bait and switch. maybe we should call it bankrupt and switch.
7:02 pm
now, this could have been a slam-dunk even for biden's goofballs. after all, we have the strongest economy of any g7 country in 2018, 2019, and 2020. that was all under trump, obviously and it's quite the challenge of covid last year, our median household income was more than $67,000, which was 6% higher than it was in 2016 under obama. thanks to president trump's leadership, biden's team not only inherited new vaccines but an enormous supply of them in a time when many other countries didn't have any. so all biden had to do was number one, make the vaccine widely available, number two, lift all restrictions on economic activity and number three, let the trump era policies and the hard work of the american people take us back to the booming economy we enjoyed before covid. of course, they did the exact
7:03 pm
opposite. they canceled trump's policies, overreach with vaccine mandates and scare the public into staying at home. and over the last few days, we have seen the toll that biden's radical agenda is taking on the economy. it all started with friday's abysmal jobs report. >> 194. i see 194,000. that is real low. >> people don't seem to be in a hurry to get back to work, one and a half jobs for every unemployed person out there. >> christmas at risk, your holiday turkey may be harder to come by this season. >> laura: the turkey is going to take your turkey. who else wants to send biden to the island of misfit presidents this christmas? thank goodness santa's sleigh doesn't need gas because the price per gallon is up 43% under bite and then it was in decembe. but don't worry because i'm sure
7:04 pm
our energy secretary is working hard right now to turn it all around. >> we don't own our own gas supplier oil supply and so the market is what the market is, they don't control the gas and we also are aware we want to move into a clean energy environment and while this transition occurs, does not want to put costs on everyday people for everything. >> laura: she is either stupid herself for she thinks we are. not only do we have a strategic petroleum reserve that was set up for this exact situation, the feds control billions of dollars worth of oil and gas on public lands so first, biden band new gas leases on public lands and after he was rebuked by courts, slowed the issuance of new
7:05 pm
permits. at this worsens inflation which the angle warned you about early this year as prominent democrats like larry summers, but biden's so-called experts just kept downplaying it. >> i see important transitory influences at work and i don't anticipate that it will be permanent. >> most of the price increases we've seen were expected and expected to be temporary. >> laura: last week, the definition of the word temporary changed. >> supply bottlenecks have developed that has caused inflation. i believe that they are transitory but that doesn't mean they will go away over the next several months. >> laura: depends on what the meaning of the word temporary means. the scenes of huge traffic jams at major airports where ships are idling for weeks and even
7:06 pm
months is another devastating indictment of the biden administration. new york, l.a., and now savannah, georgia, are in total gridlock. 1 yard in chicago reportedly had a line of trains waiting to be unloaded that stretch for 25 miles. but at least we have a former road scholar has transportation secretary to fix it for us. >> what we are looking at is basically everything between those ships and your shelves that gets the goods where they need to be. we are partnering with the department of labor to establish more apprenticeships and make sure we are addressing that. >> laura: what? did he actually say apprenticeships are going to get us out of the situation? heaven help us because this entire administration is an apprenticeship. meanwhile, biden's labor
7:07 pm
secretary has absolutely no clue as to how to fix a labor shortage. >> i don't have an answer for you. i had that answer, i'd give it all day today but i think one thing i'm going to do is i would have an understanding why that's not happening so dig down a little bit more. >> laura: we went from gene scalia to that guy? oh, my goodness. when you see it all together, the totality of the incompetence is quite staggering. so it looks like we're in for a long and difficult winter. a winter of of shortages and disappointments especially for americans living in cities strangled by restrictions, mandates, and you through the cold weather into that, my goodness. it's all playing out exactly as the angle predicted. instead of just reopening of the economy without restrictions, the biden team did everything it could to terrify americans and convince them to stay home. the folks at college station, texas, on saturday night were
7:08 pm
obviously not listening to tony fauci at all. not a lot of mask layer. the foolish and unnecessary vaccine mandates did nothing to save lives, but they are pushing people out of the workforce. pilots, health care workers, teachers, firefighters, and police. it's criminal what is being done to these good people. the administration has resisted at first to return welfare payments to normal or allow landlords to collect their rent, restricted the oil and gas industry as i mentioned and now they want to waste trillions more on new government programs that will do more to harm our economic competitiveness. fantastic, guys. common sense is out the window and this administration, we know
7:09 pm
that. and they believe that americans are mostly racist and destroying the planet anyway so why should people as awful as that have a higher standard of living? shouldn't have any higher standard of living than people living in greece. of course, if we had a real press, they'd be all over this. instead, we have pretender pundits who can't quit their trump addiction. >> trump once an army back. he wants this army to help him have vengeance on the entire american democratic system. >> trump is marshaling those forces to seize power in 2024. whether you the voters elect him or not. bactrim's reason for being in politics is trump. >> laura: that was just today. it went on for hours and hours and hours, but what else are they going to talk about? there's no defending biden's policies or his performance, the
7:10 pm
bear man can barely locate the exit in any given rumor he is speaking. it i'm sure you're all thinking this is depressing, we are in for a rough ride and yes, we are for a while. but let us never give into despair. i said this the day after the election, keep a stiff upper lip, we know how to turn things around and in time, we will. we survived jimmy carter, we can survive this. the carter years led to ronald reagan and if the american people are smart and i think they are, the biting years will lead to the new and better economic policies after 20204. and that's the angle. joining me now is michael rubin, president and ceo of the florida ports council to explain some of this for us tonight. do you get the sense that our leaders in washington have any clue how bad this has gotten at the ports and why it's gotten bad?
7:11 pm
>> that's a good statement. we used to have bipartisan transportation bills that passed out of congress, been a while for that, i can remember congressman dan webster actually standing beside, the yin and yang of republican and democrats passing out substantial transportation bills and we are not there. it's a shame because i think what we are seeing now is there is a need to invest in freight mobility infrastructure in the united states. certainly here in florida, i know our governor, governor desantis and our secretary has made investments that offer mobility a significant part of florida's infrastructure. >> laura: i just want to jump in. people are ordering things like someone needs a new dishwasher
7:12 pm
because everything is computer chip and if it goes bad, it's more expensive to fix it, they replace it. and they are being told they can't get the dishwasher for six to eight months. ditto with tables or parts for certain vehicles. so they are hearing infrastructure but to them, they just want the part and pete buttigieg says we are going to look into apprenticeships because he is our transportation secretary. our apprenticeships the immediate answer here? >> no. i would hope that that group has talked about supply chains, but i would hope that the new appointment out of massachusetts would be able to help focus on supply chains, that issue more so than ancillary issues that don't really impact the movement of those goods.
7:13 pm
a significant investment and focus on those infrastructure needs to move those goods. >> laura: are unemployment benefits and the continuing continuation of them beyond a covid emergency situation, how has that affected employment along with vaccine mandates? >> i can't speak specifically to unemployment benefits but certainly, i know the trucking industry, truck driver professionals out there, we've got a number of companies that are offering incentives trying to get additional individuals to take those jobs. unfortunately, not a lot of takers for whatever reason, certainly happier earning unemployment compensation than they are taking a job at the moment. >> laura: hold on. michael, you're a smart guy and you're trying to be diplomatic here. i know you have to deal with both parties but if are going to pay people not to work when there are jobs that they used to
7:14 pm
do, this is not -- i'm not the greatest economic thinker out there, but it's pretty obvious what we've done to the distortion of the employment situation and our country. supply and demand, it's pretty simple. a lot of people sitting on the sidelines, some people are afraid, other people still being paid to stay home. when we need workers, correct? >> correct, and we've made it difficult on the trucking industry did not only hire those individuals, but there's a lot of penalties for time, what you're moving in now is the time to look at those limitations on how those truck drivers operate. >> laura: regulations, correct? >> have to look at those regulations. you need to ease the regulations on some areas starting with the trucking industry moving those disincentives to move that product. >> laura: people can't get
7:15 pm
stuff they order at a reasonable amount of time and you hear people who have ordered stuff, they are going nuts and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better in time for christmas and that's when there's going to be to pay out there for moms and dads and santa's not going to be happy either. good to see you tonight, we will be tracking this issue and democrats want this winter to be a dark one not just for you but also for the former trump officials who were subpoenaed by the house january 6 committee. so far, none of the four officials targeted have complied so adam schiff issued a new round of threats yesterday. >> also want to make sure that these witnesses come in and testify and we are prepared to go forward and urged the justice department to permanently prosecute anyone who does not do their lawful duty. >> laura: try to me now was former white house chief of staff mark meadows, author of the upcoming book the chief
7:16 pm
chief, he is one of the four former trump officials targeted by adam schiff. i know there's a lot you can't discuss as it relates to the subpoenas but given what my angle laid out, it is quite amazing that this is what the democrats are focused on as the country is reeling from this inflation supply chain issues, border, et cetera. >> you're exactly right. i can tell you what we're seeing here is basically democrats want to talk about anything other than the economy, anything other than the fact that there were more people that could be working that are working right now and you are exactly right to hit on all of these. we went from energy dominance and we've now got a secretary of energy that somehow is lost, they need to go back to high school has it relates to what we can do. we went from energy dominance begging opec to reduce oil
7:17 pm
prices and get gasoline prices down and we are paying people not to work. we've got a supply-chain issue that's going to affect not only our economy in the near term. here's what the democrats are trying to do. they are trying to replace a robust economy with big government and we can't let that happen. >> laura: impeachment darling fiona hill was out sounding the alarm over trumps political movement over the weekend. watch. >> have seen the populism on the right is the most threatening, it's on the right that we are seeing the main threats. it's also on the right was basically calling for violence against fellow americans and at all times talking down the integrity of the election system. >> laura: are you busy talking down the integrity of the election system? >> not at all. we need to make sure that it's easy to vote and hard to cheat but at the same time, fiona hill has already shown her colors out there and who she has sided
7:18 pm
with. when we start to see her get politically active, it's because the biden administration is hemorrhaging when it comes to independent voters. why? because they care about the things you were just talking about. jobs and schools and everything in terms of inflation and the fact that they make an order and they may not be able to get it for six months whether it's a car or washing machine, they care about that and that's why the biden administration is having a very tough time doing anything other than blaming trump and trying to take credit for the few things that perhaps were left in place on january 20th. >> laura: finally, your message to adam schiff tonight after threatening you with criminal prosecution, your response to him? >> i'll let the attorneys handle all of that. i can say this, when i talk to people, they say we've already been through two impeachments. why do we go through an impeachment of donald trump on
7:19 pm
this very issue and now we are holding hearings? they don't quite understand that, the american people know that it's politics as usual, hopefully we will get beyond that. >> laura: great to see you tonight, thank you. vaccine mandates continue to wreak havoc on our workforce and the country. we are going to speak to a doctor who was forcibly removed from the building before defying ucla's mandate. plus, we will explain why the vaccine fight between southwest airlines and its workers is so important, don't go away talking about mental health it's not a sign of weakness, but really a sign of strength. people sometimes don't want to talk about mental health, they don't want to talk about problems that they might have that aren't physical, but those problems are just as real.
7:20 pm
i have this disease you know, and it makes it awkward that i have to explain myself or prove myself in certain situations. a lot of times i'm not feeling good or you know not having a good day, but through the music i'm able to have a good day by expressing something that feels good to me that i can pass onto others. one of my favorite phrases to share with not only my kids but anybody is never compare your insides to someone else's outsides. we are creating conversation we are raising awareness and we're kicking the hell out of this stigma saying get away from the people we love the most. ♪♪
7:21 pm
7:22 pm
one of my favorite supplements is qunol turmeric. turmeric helps with healthy joints saying get away from the people we love the most. and inflammation support. unlike regular turmeric supplements qunol's superior absorption helps me get the full benefits of turmeric. the brand i trust is qunol.
7:23 pm
7:24 pm
>> laura: in recent weeks, we've seen governments, corporations, and universities take an increasingly tyrannical stance on these vaccine mandates. we warned you but would come and it has. dr. christopher wray, an anesthesiologist at the university of california at los angeles learned this firsthand when he had the audacity to show up to work on vaccinated. as punishment for this heinous act, dr. rake was treated like a diseased animal and forcibly removed from the building. >> don't come near me. >> what's your title? >> if you keep coming close to me, i'll take it as a threat. so i'll tell you that right now.
7:25 pm
>> i am being escorted out of the medical plaza at westwood santa monica for standing up for freedom. this is what happens when you stand up for freedom. and when you show up to work willing to work despite being unvaccinated. and this is the price you have to pay sometimes. i i'm willing to go lose everything. job, paycheck. freedom, even my life with this cause. >> laura: dr. rake joins me now. they're acting -- are those security guards? those people removing you, it was embarrassing. we took the beaches of normandy, are people and they are treating you like you are literally a rabid animal. were you carrying a weapon that we weren't aware of there ?
7:26 pm
>> no, i don't know why they didn't just call me and say can you please leave and i would've left, but you make that point, the beaches of normandy, this is kind of the beaches of normandy, right? this is our generation's world war ii and may be world war iii. this is the war that we fight without arms, this is an etiologic war and my grandfathers both fought in world war ii and one of them was shot down you may be 24 liberator and landed safely in sweden and came back home and i'm here because of that, but they fought and took up arms against tyrannical governments. we now have to fight against a tyrannical government which is saying you have to take these injections or you can't be involved in society. you can't go to your high school basketball game, to the church, wherever it may be. you take the injection for you have no freedom. >> laura: just so people
7:27 pm
understand your perspective here, what is your problem with the vaccine? is a conscience, religious, efficacy, what is it? >> number one, there's not enough evidence supporting its safety. there are some concerns i have about it. i have a group called citizens united for freedom. we have vaccinated people in our group. we are more prone medical freedom. i think this is the greatest human rights violation of our time to say that the government can inject you with these things. personally, i'm not ready to take the vaccine yet. i don't think it's been proven safe. but more importantly, that they're tying this to my freedoms and coming out with these facts passes and even in israel, saying you have two shots, it's the same as zero. you'd better take your third shot, better take your fourth shot, where does it stop?
7:28 pm
>> laura: ucla health sent us a statement tonight for the state public health, active ucla health employees not working remotely must be vaccinated or receive an exemption and subject to progressive discipline including restricting access to work sites and being placed on leave. your response to that, their argument is that you are not just endangering yourself, but endangering others by not being vaccinated, but i imagine everyone else's vaccinated if they are there. so i'm not quite following. >> most people are vaccinated. joe biden said we have to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated. that's like saying you have to protect the protected from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to take the protection that didn't protect the protected. you want the protection, you take the protection. you don't, you don't. but this is an issue of medical
7:29 pm
ethics sitting in sacramento to say he knows what's best for my body and even though i'm a physician, i've decided for my body, from my certain risk situation, i don't want it. now he's saying i know it's best for you and you have to take it. i told my administration that this violates the nuremberg code. there is no fully approved vaccine available in the united states and so this is still under eua if you read page two of the memo from the fda this is the pfizer vaccine is still under eua and you are not allowed to compel or force anybody to take in eua treatment by medical ethics. >> laura: real quickly, what's next for you? are you filing a lawsuit? >> we are looking at our legal options, don't want to give my hand up too much but we are certainly looking at those
7:30 pm
options. >> laura: we are going to be following your case as well as many like you, a lot of people around the country for whatever reason it's not right for them at this time. this is wild. we are going to lose a lot of great doctors and health care providers out there. thank you. and if you are one of the thousands left grounded by southwest airlines this weekend, the company would have you believe the cancellations have nothing to do with the employees who protested its vaccine mandate. somehow only impacted one airline really. as the ap notes, the widespread disruption began shortly after the union asked for a federal court on friday to block the airline order that all employees get vaccinated. joining me meat out, stand professor of medicine. you say this isn't just a political issue now, but a
7:31 pm
health issue which is kind of an odd question, but explain. >> the vaccine mandates, what they've done is taken working class people who work through the whole epidemic, firefighters, doctors, nurses, airline workers, many got covid. they are immune to him we've seen them treating them like heroes last year and treating them like providers this year. the vaccine works to protect the vaccinated against the disease. they are not threatened by the unvaccinated. in fact, they can get it from the vaccinated themselves. what is going to causes shortages across the country and vital services. you heard about the 70,000 nurses in new york state. we are going to have shortages that overwhelm hospitals because of the vaccine mandate in these coming months. >> laura: how important our anesthesiologists at one of
7:32 pm
ucla's medical centers? pretty important position, don't you think? they are not dumb people, anesthesiologists. they are critical to operations in the health of the overall health care system. >> its doctors, nurses, firefighters, policemen, regular working class people who are essentially being told there on the outskirts of society, not going to be able to do their jobs because they chose not to get vaccinated, many of whom already recovered. it makes absolutely no sense. there's another thing about this, if you denied basic facts, if i had covid, i'm immune to it. you basically undermine trust in the public health system. you look at someone that doubts that and they said they don't know what they're talking about. dr. fauci doubts. >> laura: but this is happening across corporate america, across government,
7:33 pm
local, state, federal government, the refusal to recognize the robust and durable natural immunity and the cross adaptive immunity to covid -- i'm not often speechless but i am because it really makes you wonder what this is really all about in the end, final word. >> the ultimate effect is essential you have a bunch of people who in effect may as well just say the earth is flat in charge of our public health system. it's going to breed distrust and these vaccine mandates are really pernicious. they're going to harm the health of the public can i really wish that the people in charge of these organizations would stop doing it. it would make everything better. >> laura: fauci predicted there would be some super-spreader events at college football, how much has there been a college football? >> frankly, i haven't seen any
7:34 pm
evidence of that. i don't know what he's talking about. >> laura: great to see you. and the biden administration caught using your tax dollars to stage an event. raymond arroyo all the details next. while ted's eyes are on the road, his heart stays home. he's got gloria, and 10 grand-babies, to prove it. but his back made weekend rides tough, so ted called on the card that's even tougher. and the medicare coverage trusted by more doctors. medicare from blue cross blue shield. by your side, no matter what. that's the benefit of blue. find your local blue cross and blue shield plan at benefitofblue.com
7:35 pm
7:36 pm
7:37 pm
7:38 pm
7:39 pm
>> laura: it's time for seen and unseen where we expose the big cultural stories of the day and for that, we turn to fox news contributor raymond arroyo. over the weekend, nancy pelosi showed up at the vatican. she's got a private audience with the pope. i don't think you've gotten that. >> it was as you might expect, awkward. >> morning.
7:40 pm
>> very, very weird. the pope can meet with whomever he wants and even met with the aging and tax collectors so this is not unprecedented but has been called up by his own archbishop for her militant support of abortion on demand. after she passed that bill that would lift any restrictions on abortion coast-to-coast last month, asked catholics to pray and fast for her conversion of heart on this issue so by the pope meeting with her, it does undermine his bishop and it sends the message you can support the taking of innocent human life and still be a catholic in good standing which you can't and even the pope has said this is like hiring a hit man. >> laura: i thought it was amazing when that lightning bolt came down and hit the dome of st. peter when he was meeting her, that was quite.
7:41 pm
>> they were quaking. >> laura: my question is, isn't she supposed to wear? >> when benedict met with her, he released a statement saying we met for 15 minutes and talked about life but released no pictures, very interesting. it's that time of year again, the autumn surge at the border, pumpkin proper chinos have returned in an unwelcome seasonal classic is back, the great dr. fauci, charlie brown who was rising again to child tl children if they can trigger innate treat or not. >> it's a good time to reflect on why it's important to get vaccinated but go out there and enjoy halloween as well as the other holidays that will be coming up. >> i think he saw his shadow which means we have three months of holidays with small groups and random masking.
7:42 pm
>> laura: a white checks in with ouchi before deciding who can have fun? is there a single person in the country still waiting with baited breath for what tony says about any given occasion? on friday, you did share a bizarre video of kamala harris discussing space with children at the naval observatory, blue origin rockets don't go this far out into orbit. >> i just love the idea of exploring the unknown. i don't know what it is about those craters. >> the earth is like a spec. engineers who came up with the idea that if you build something that looks like that. dream with ambition, have big dreams. >> laura: painful.
7:43 pm
>> that completely impromptu video as part of a series called get serious with vice president harris. we are serious, like the president's artificial white house said, it turns out these videos are all fake. a 13-year-old actor named trevor bernadino tells a local monterey, california, affiliate he was hired and flown to d.c. for this shoot, he auditioned for the part. all the kids are actors and this is no joke, the series is produced in a research this by a canadian company called sinking ship entertainment. it i guess if the ship fits. >> laura: raymond, she must've gone to the tony robinson school of gesticulations because it's always a look at this, if i do this with my hands, no one will notice that the border is wide open and i never went there. >> that's how you talk to kids. before we go, gavin newsom signed a new california bill
7:44 pm
requiring big retailers to establish gender-neutral toy aisles. >> laura: good, they will have a place to sell that new superman toy that was announced today. finally, they'll know where to go. >> laura: that comes after aqua man and gender fluid low key. call me when they have a gender stable aisle with superheroes whose sexualities we know nothing about. why are they sexualizing superheroes? i was a batman and superman and spider-man kid. we just wanted them to get the bad guys, not a venereal disease. anyway, leave our comic book heroes alone, we don't want to hear anymore about it. >> laura: raymond, i will say this, kids have to just be kids, let them be children. just let them be children. >> and don't corrupt their
7:45 pm
innocence. >> laura: of people that are good, i will post a photo of raymond is batman from a few years ago and the joker had halloween. thank you. after a bite and push to cancel columbus day, it's worth asking what do we know about the indigenous people that we are now told to honor? a history next.
7:46 pm
7:47 pm
7:48 pm
7:49 pm
7:50 pm
>> laura: according to joe biden, today isn't meant to celebrate a brave italian explorer, but rather declared a national day of mourning over the painful history of wrongs and atrocities that many european explorers inflicted on tribal nations and indigenous communities and of course, the left and the white house celebrated. >> having this holiday replaced as a step forward and acknowledging colonization and and oppression of the original people of these lands that have suffered. >> we know that there is a truth to be told and there are many truths about this country. >> fully replacing columbus day, would you like to see it replaced? >> yes, absolutely. >> recognizing today as indigenous peoples day is something the president felt strongly about and to make the history of moving forward. >> laura: moving forward.
7:51 pm
joining us now his victor davis hanson, author of the dying citizen in stores now. you write about columbus day in your book. the history moving forward, it's really all about that, isn't it? >> i think it's an attempt to apply the morality or pseudo-morality of the present to judge preindustrial past. kind of a therapeutic exercise of the elite. i don't think average people really buy into it. a recent poll said two to one, americans want to retain columbus day. i am in a mexican american community of wonderful people had most of the people i know in the knights of columbus which was a fraternal organization in the late 19th century to help impoverished immig from catholic country so this idea that and pseudo-drama, i don't know what to make of it but it would be as if a european or the new world gave to the old world syphilis which scholars think
7:52 pm
they may well have or cocaine or chocolate or tobacco. how absurd to say millions of people have died from smoking because of indigenous peoples practices that the europeans were addicted to. that's not history, it's cycled >> laura: gregg popovich thinks it's outrageous that we ever celebrated christopher columbus saying he took, mutilated, murdered, not a knock on italian-americans, it's like saying we should be proud of hitler because we are german. what is wrong with this man? >> i don't know, i think a lot of the elite, this is a top-down phenomenon, the virtue signal this cometh like the use of latinx that no one in the world uses audits among the elite and privileged. most people understand that christopher columbus was a very heroic individual, there's always a tragedy when two
7:53 pm
cultures collide but as we speak today, they were millions of indigenous people in central america and southern mexico that choose to leave those cultures, notes coerced, but choose to leave voluntarily and cross the border to accept a very different paradigm of free-market capitalism and constitutional government, a quality of the sexes and a judiciary bill of rights and all of that was a unique product of european enlightenment whether they like it or not so people are voting with their feet and voting in the opposite fashion which our elites say that they should apparently. >> laura: but they both wrote about the atrocities that were committed by explorers. this is already been accounted for, written about. we always look back on historical times with some sense of horror because people evolve and have a new sense of understanding but indigenous people also had their own atrocities, correct?
7:54 pm
>> it's not just the writings of these ideas, and ancient mexican city that talked about human sacrifice and i'm not talking about one or two, i'm talking about surpassed outputs in some cases, 10,000, 15,000 within a 30 or 40-day period from indigenous evidence and there was cannibalism from the caribbean so if you want to go back and pick and choose and turn history into this melodrama, it doesn't lead us anywhere. when two cultures collide, there's going to be tragedy, going to be melodrama but you just don't use the morality of the present to condemn and say these were guys were evil and these guys were good. >> laura: we have to end by saying happy columbus day to you. when we come back, ben and jerry are melting. i'll tell you why.
7:55 pm
7:56 pm
7:57 pm
7:58 pm
7:59 pm
>> laura: the ice cream guys hit a rocky road.
8:00 pm
>> you guys are big proponents of voting rights. why do you still sell ice cream in georgia, texas, abortion bans. why are you still selling there? >> i don't know. i mean, it's an interesting question. >> laura: i thought that was joe biden. more ice cream, less politics. ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ [cheers and applause] >> greg: yes. here we are. happy monday everyone. or as she likes to call it, iv drip day. because her weekends are a little rough. this show is doing great, and i know this because i actually read the mail. well

203 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on