Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  July 22, 2021 5:00pm-6:00pm PDT

5:00 pm
proposition. >> brian: tokyo authorities should know how to do this because they keep practicing with fake bears. >> i heard that was you in that costume. >> brian: that is not true. thank you, abby. we've got the country music star and geraldo tomorrow. on the radio show, charlie kirk, thanks for watching. guess who is next. tucker carlson. thanks, abby. ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ >> tucker: good evening and welcome to "tucker carlson tonight." there's been a dramatic escalation recently that we need to tell you about in the biden administration's longest and hardest fought war. that would be the war against what they are calling this information. almost daily, joe biden's battle hardened plaque mounts the podium at the white house with updates on the conflict's progress. last week, his spokes bot informed the press corps that the campaign against
5:01 pm
disinformation has encountered serious and unexpected setbacks. this information on a series of bloody skirmishes on cable news and social media. thousands of americans died. but the commander in chief is not giving up. indeed, joe biden has just begun to fight. going forward, the first amendment will be suspended until further notice. and if misinformation appears on your facebook page or in your twitter feed or even in your private text messages, joe biden will summarily execute misinformation. he will hunt it down and kill it himself. this is total war. all of us are going to have to make sacrifices in this war. the question is, what does the enemy look like? to this point, no one in authority has provided a clear description of misinformation. the white house has still not defined what it is or what it looks like, like extremism and white supremacy, misinformation is an elastic and mysterious term. like the viacom, it appears out of nowhere, from the night it's
5:02 pm
off to take our lives. we hate misinformation with all our hearts but we can't really describe it not that we need to, really. but in washington, working definition for misinformation. it's any criticism of the joe biden administration or its policies. that's what we're fighting against. like all patriotic media and wartime, the media is fully on board. late last night the cnn posted a video to its website, something called a presidential town hall, right on the front of this war by the caption of the video wreath this way, the president tackles vaccine misinformation, and tackle it he did. watch joe biden russell misinformation to the ground and spank it like the bad girl that is. >> i pretty speak about it because i'm not being solicitous but you are always a straight up about what you are doing and the question is whether or not we should be in a position where
5:03 pm
you are, why can't the experts say we know that this virus is in fact -- it's going to be -- excuse me, we know why all the drugs are approved or not, temporarily approved but permanently approved. i expect that quickly. >> you mean for the fda. >> for the fda. >> tucker: the, experts say. you can imagine the cows behind the scenes during that pivotal moment. you can hear the panicked producer in the ear, quietly at midnight. in other words, bored, bored, the situation is well past critical. and within seconds, seconds move slowly, don lemon remembered the safe words he remembered it from her so. you mean from the fda, he said. and a hushed silence dissent appeared beads of sweat dropped
5:04 pm
onto the pop tarts he'd been cradling in his lapse. the milliseconds felt like hours and suddenly out of nowhere joe biden regained consciousness. yes, the fda, he responded. he got the message, always welcome acute commercial break, crisis averted. there were a lot of moments like that. he could tell don lemon was very close to asking the fda but time and time again he held off. he had to. the audience might have noted something was up there they had no choice but to let the commander in chief keep talking, as he did in this moment is joe biden began to muse about black people and their love of basketball. >> and what we did, the original bill got passed, he would go down in the tough neighborhoods in my state, in my city of wilmington, which is overwhelming minority city and everybody can tell me where the best basketball is played in the playground here in this city. you know who it is, you know who the best ballplayers are, you know where they are.
5:05 pm
>> tucker: they know where they are. corn pop knows who can hit the free throws. corn pop loves basketball, of course he does. he kept waiting for don him to ask if he knows corn pop but of course he does. pretty compelling television. they do not get us closer to our goal which is to understand what the biden administration means by the term misinformation. then we came across this clip we kept watching it when understood. here is joe biden the benefit of vaccination. >> the various shots that people are getting now cover that. you're okay, you're not going to get covid if you have these vaccinations. >> tucker: oh, finally, a definition. he doesn't tell us, he shows us. he leads by example. that is what misinformation
5:06 pm
looks like. "you're not going to get covid if you have these vaccinations," said the president of the united states. you know that's not true. how did all the vaccinated texas democrats come down with covid then? why was kamala harris rushed to walter reed medical center after she met with them if vaccinated people can't get covid? and why are the pharmaceutical companies themselves telling us it is in fact possible to get covid after you've been vaccinated. so why would joe biden tell us the exact opposite? now, you know why. he is showing us what misinformation is. like a good leader, he's modeling, as they say and then he kept showing us. here for example is a question from a restaurant owner who was in the audience last night. he asked what the government was going to do to save small businesses like his. it's a pressing question for him and millions of others. in the past six weeks the biden administration has sent out billions in checks and those checks have paid able-bodied adults at home and not working
5:07 pm
and caused inflation to spike. both of those are disaster for small businesses. listen carefully as joe biden explains why he is doing this. >> we are looking to hire more every day as we try to restart our restaurant business. the entire industry, amongst other industries, continue to struggle to find employees. how do you and the biden administration plan to incentivize those who haven't returned to work yet? hiring is our top priority right now. >> two things. one, if you notice, we kept you open. i think it really is a matter of people deciding now that they have opportunities to do other things and there's a shortage of employees. people are looking to make more money and to bargain, and so i think your business in the tourist business is really going to be in a bind for a little while. >> tucker: okay.
5:08 pm
just so you understand, it wasn't the government that closed small businesses last year, including thousands of restaurants. no, says joe biden. if you notice, we kept them open. oh, it's the opposite of what you thought. you thought governors, democratic governors were shutting down restaurants? no, no, we kept them open. the entire town hall was like that. it was misinformation on parade. at one point joe biden referred to laws against voter fraud, you need to show your i.d. to vote as "jim crow on steroids." what does that mean? more segregated water fountains, movie houses, restaurants, fire hoses? it's on steroids. but no one asked him. later biden explained companies to criminologist around the world, the real reason crime rates, murder rates are up isn't that parents aren't supervising their kids on the street, isn't
5:09 pm
that lunatics are shooting each other over ten issues are over disputes no one can even remember. it's not that the moral fabric of the countries collapsing in on itself. it has nothing to do with the fact that democrats let violent criminals out of jail using the pretext of covid, or prosecutors like george soros refusing to put anybody back into jail. you know what is causing all the murders? the gun stores. the gun stores are causing all the murders. so why are they telling you this. clearly they want more power, but they want to show you what misinformation is for. misinformation is a lie that makes the person who tells it more powerful. watch joe biden explain that because violence is caused by gun stores, he's going to shut them all down. >> and so what happens is i've got atf, alcohol, tobacco and firearms, i have them increase their budget and increase
5:10 pm
their capacity along with the justice department to go after the gun shops that are not abiding by the love doing background checks. but my point is all across the country, and it's not because the gun shops in the cities are are selling these guns. they are either shadow gun dealers and/or gun shops that are not abiding by the law. so we are going to do major investigations and shut those guys down and put some of them in jail for what they are doing. selling these weapons. >> tucker: oh, okay. because joe biden's party has so mismanaged american cities for the last two years, that children are murdering each other on the sidewalk and no one is doing anything about it because the police have been defunded thanks to agitation from joe biden's voters. because of all of that, your second amendment rights are now suspended. he suspended your first amendment rights last week, and now your second amendment rights are gone too. it looks like joe biden is
5:11 pm
slowly working his way systematically through the entire bill of rights, right by right, voiding each one. it won't be long until they are all gone. before the entire document is a relic of an antique racist society that believed in individual rights and limits on political control. it's sad come in a way. the war with disinformation, you have no choice. a couple of weeks ago we told you there is in fact evidence that people working for the fbi reporting directly to the justice department and the crowd on the capital at january 6th, and some of them seem to be encouraging participants to commit crime. we were denounced saying that. tonight we have proof that it actually happened. we will tell you who it is and speak to someone who was involved after the break.
5:12 pm
- [narrator] it's a mixed up world. and the way we work looks a little different. but whether you embrace the new normal or just want to get back to the routines that feel right, x-chair continues to be at the forefront of change,
5:13 pm
which is why we've launched the all new x-chair with elemax. elemax combines gentle body temperature regulation with stress melting massage to increase your comfort working from home or at the office. feel more refreshed in seconds with dual fans that actively deliver a clean air flow or you can wrap your back in the soothing warmth of heat therapy and access four combinations of massage for deep relief from tension. our patented dynamic variable lumbar support and scifloat infinite recline technology remain unchanged. order an x-chair with elemax today. use code tv and get $50 off plus a free foot rest. hey, change happened and we've made it a good thing with all new elemax from x-chair. now the future feels better than ever before. order x-chair with elemax today. use code tv and get $50 off plus a free foot rest.
5:14 pm
5:15 pm
♪ watch the olympic games on xfinity ♪
5:16 pm
♪ root for team usa and feel the energy ♪ ♪ 7000 plus hours of the olympics on display ♪ ♪ with xfinity you get every hour of every day ♪ ♪ different sports on different screens ♪ ♪ you can watch it anywhere ♪ ♪ and with the voice remote ♪ ♪ you never have to leave your chair ♪ show me team usa. ♪ all of this innovation could lead to some inspiration ♪ ♪ and you might be the next one to represent our nation ♪ ♪ this summer on your tv, tablet, or any screen ♪ ♪ xfinity is here to inspire your biggest dreams ♪ ♪ ♪ >> tucker: we told you a few weeks ago that some of the protesters at the capitol building in washington on january 6th appeared to be working with the fbi in secret and that some of them may have encouraged protesters to break the law that day. we didn't make that claim lightly. we had seen evidence in court documents suggesting it it happened. we are also aware of several other well-documented cases in
5:17 pm
which of the fbi effectively orchestrated crimes for which americans were ultimately arrested and imprisoned. as we told you last night, the very thing just happened in michigan right before the last election. a much-publicized attempt to kidnap governor gretchen whitmer was not at all what it does seem to be. according to an account in buzzfeed news, the majority of the so-called plotters in that case were in fact reporting to the fbi. there is a name for that. it was a set up and it was immediately by the joe biden president 's campaign for political advantage. given all of that we ask the obvious, didn't anything similar happened on january 6th? we are not saying the entire thing was orchestrated by the fbi. what is a possible some of the people there were reporting to the fbi and encouraged others, as we said, to commit crimes? that is an entirely fair question but for asking at the usual propagandist in the news
5:18 pm
media denounced us with maximum hysteria as conspiracy theory wow theorists and they are still denouncing us now. it turns out we were right to ask those questions and we will show you why. mark is a 32-year-old veteran who served in iraq. he is a federal agent, he worked for the drug enforcement administration. he went to the capital that day because he was invited by an fbi informant, a man he had known in iraq. we have confirmed that this is true. we reached out to that man, the man he went to the protest with. he denied he encouraged anyone to break the law but that man did confirm that he has been an fbi conformant. the fbi knew he was at the capitol that day and he confirms he invited mike ibrahim to the protests. abraham says the two of them stood outside the building in the fbi turned to him and strongly encouraged him to enter the capitol building. he knew that was illegal so he refused to do it. abraham did not enter the
5:19 pm
capital that day or destroy property. he did not brandish his weapon, he did not remove it from his holster, he did not commit any violence of any kind. in fact, he repeatedly remarked that he disapproved of the rioting he saw at the capitol. we know that he did because he said so on contemporaneous video. that seems to be the end of the story. an american citizen standing in a constitutionally protected political protest at the capital. the next day, he flew to los angeles on a commercial flight and on the flight he carried his sidearm, which is legal. federal agents are encouraged to keep their weapons with them and he did. and the feds knew about it because he was on the plane. but then things took a bizarre and stunning turn. the dea fired abraham from his job for going to that protest o. when he came on this show to tell that story, joe biden's justice department doubled down. this week, the feds charged him with a number of felonies including being too close to a federal monument.
5:20 pm
that would be section 5104 of the u.s. code, the law that makes it a crime to "step on or climb on any statue, seat, wall, fountain or other architectural feature for any tree, shrub, plant or turf on the capitol grounds." he now faces 15 years in federal prison. this is a grotesque and shocking story but it is real. he joins us now along with his attorney. thank you both for joining us. first a usb attorney, it's hard to see based on the facts and te documents we have read, what exactly the crime was here that is justified 15 years in prison. >> to me it looks like we really have a department of justice seeking quantity over quality. i don't see any crime here. the particular crime you just mentioned with regards to 5104 in particular, section b describes injuries to properties. no property was injured, and a person was injured, no violence
5:21 pm
was committed. he didn't enter or preach capitol grounds whatsoever. it is no crime and we intend to defeat all the charges in short order. >> tucker: does not even again, having read it, i can say an allegation of a crime that i can -- certainly a felony, 15 years in the charging documents. mark, thank you very much for coming on. i want to be very clear about one thing. the man who invited you to this event is a long time fbi informant. he's confirmed that to us. he's a friend of yours and he may still be a friend of yours. while you were there and i want to be clear on this, he encouraged you to reach the capital, is that correct? >> yes, that is correct. he asked me to go with him to protect him and i think he was there to document. both him and i were seeking to protect the public that day. we went there with the intention of seeking those to wish to do our government harm, to stop them and protect those who peacefully protest. while i was there as well i
5:22 pm
walked up to the fbi s.w.a.t. team, the team they courageously entered that building and rescue to the capitol building and i offered assistance to them. individuals on that team have my personal phone number, and yes, i was carrying my firearm because i was a credentialed dea agent. i'm expected to. my brother is a credentialed fbi agent and he was carrying his firearm. everyone there was seen for that day because both about that our firearms. i don't think the informant that are brought to the rally that day was malicious or trying to entrap me in any way, shape, or form. but i think we were just trying to do the best we could with what we had. it was chaos. and we went there with the intention to protect the public. >> tucker: the fbi knew he was there. he says he was not working at their direction but he conceded they knew he was there and we will let our viewers read to their own conclusions on the basis of that. do you believe there were many
5:23 pm
other people in the crowd that day who had been in contact with the fbi? >> not that i've seen. but again, i went there with the intention to protect the public. both me and my brother went there with the intention to protect the public. >> tucker: is so since you are not being accused of going into the capital, you are not being accused of brandishing a firearm, of hurting anybody come up breaking anything, of defacing any monuments, spray painting monuments, which is a popular in washington, why are you facing 15 years from the justice department of joe biden? >> i don't know. i love my country and i love my freedom meant for the first time in my life i have had my freedom taken away from me, and, you know, i was in jail this weekend while i was in jail i had a lot of time to think.
5:24 pm
and i was just very sad. but what i was going through doesn't even compare to what my cuban brothers and sisters have been going through in cuba for 60 years of oppression. so i just, it's just sad that -- >> tucker: but this isn't supposed to be cuba. that is kind of the difference. this is the united states of america and the whole point of serving the army and you have done that, and being a federal agent, you have done that as well, is to protect the right of citizens to go to political rallies the regime disagrees with but you are facing 15 years in prison for doing that so what does that mean to you? >> i feel like my rights have been violated severely. i went to court in handcuffs. and it was tough, and it's just sad to see the state of our nation. i love my country and i have no intention of hurting anyone or going in that capitol building, nor did i that day.
5:25 pm
attending that really was not illegal, immoral or unethical in any way for the ride that into to the capitol building, the destruction of property, the assault on police officers, that is and i abhor that with all that i am. i went there to stop crime and i'm expected to carry my firearm because if felonies happen in front of them, i can stop them. i'm expected to stop them. >> tucker: of course. anyone who has been a federal agent, we've talked to number of them, you are encouraged to carry them with you, you are a sworn federal agent. it would be useful to the continuation of our democracy if the people in congress would do something about this. it is clearly political prosecution of people sitting in jail for political reasons. is there any recourse other than to go through this trial? >> certainly wants these charges terminate in mr. e regimes favor, we can seek melissa stomach malicious prosecution. this is a reach by the department of justice.
5:26 pm
there are no crimes here to be alleged or proven. they will have to prove by probable cause that he committed those crimes. we don't think it will even pass the first prong. there is no crime he committed and we think he will -- the charges. >> tucker: finally we are seeing a million people break our laws to come across our southern border, we watched an entire year of people tearing down federal property, statues, burning courthouses, leading cities. you kneeled on a federal monument. were you aware at that time that the biden justice department would put you in jail for 15 years for doing it? >> no, i was not. >> tucker: and you stood, sorry, i correct my description. >> no, i was not. >> tucker: this is one of the scariest things i've seen in a long time and maybe the fbi can answer some questions about this immediately. i appreciate you coming on tonight. godspeed to you, mark.
5:27 pm
thank you. >> thank you, tucker. >> thank you, tucker. >> tucker: when you were a kid, there were history books, a whole library of ways to understand the past. now there is just wikipedia. that's it. students sit across the world and every classroom every day. wikipedia matters to the way we understand what the world looks like. the cofounder of wikipedia says wikipedia can't be trusted. he joins us to explain why, next. ♪ ♪
5:28 pm
5:29 pm
5:30 pm
5:31 pm
do you have a life insurance policy you no longer need? now you can sell your policy, even a term policy, for an immediate cash payment. we thought we had planned carefully for our retirement. but we quickly realized that we needed a way to supplement our income. if you have one hundred thousand dollars or more of life insurance you may qualify to sell your policy. don't cancel or let your policy lapse without finding out what it's worth. visit conventrydirect.com to find out if you policy qualifies. or call the number on your screen. coventry direct, redefining insurance.
5:32 pm
(announcer) if you've struggled to lose weight, you might think you were born with a slow metabolism, but what you may have is insulin resistance. fat becomes trapped inside your body and it becomes very difficult to lose weight. now there's release from golo. it naturally helps reverse insulin resistance, stops sugar cravings, and releases stubborn fat, all while controlling stress and emotional eating. at last, a diet pill that actually works. go to golo.com to get yours. that's g-o-l-o.com.
5:33 pm
>> tucker: in 2001 larry singer cofounded wikipedia. he left the company some years ago but in the years since wikipedia has gone on to become the world's single most important source of history, of information around the world. and so it's a problem, we've got to pay attention to and he said himself that wikipedia is no longer a reliable source of honest information. he says the editors of wikipedia use highly politicized sources and block dissenting news outlets from contributing at once again, that's a problem for all of us. larry singer joins us. thank you so much for coming on. this is one of those things that a lot of people, a lot of us who
5:34 pm
use wikipedia have noticed. wait a minute, i know some facts that are somehow not in this entry or they are playing up something that doesn't seem to be true or this is highly politicized. you see the bigger picture here, what you think is going on? >> it's complicated. for one thing, wikipedia allows anonymous contribution. and that means that because it's one of the most popular sources of information online, there is a natural incentive for governments and corporations, criminal operations to basically learn how to play the wikipedia game. so it's opaque to me how it really works. and what results is basically establishment views are the ones that you find pushed, and they have completely abandoned the
5:35 pm
neutral point of view. >> tucker: that's a problem because in my view, wikipedia shaped this country's understanding of the world. it is the primary source of information for a lot of people, most people actually, about history. so we need to fix this. how do you think we would do that? >> well, thanks for asking that. i don't know that there is a way to fix wikipedia within wikipedia. it's an institutionally conservative place. what i want to see, actually, is a new, basically knowledge comments, a network of all the wikipedia articles in the world collected together and made it easily searchable. you understand how the blogosphere works? there is a standard to collect
5:36 pm
blogs and blog articles from all over the place. i want the same thing to happen but with encyclopedia articles and if we did that then we would no longer have to depend on wikipedia and we would have, especially if we coupled that with a rating system, then we would be able to -- multiple rating systems, actually, that would enable us to find the best articles from our own point of view on every subject. and again, we would then be free of wikipedia. >> tucker: it must kill you as one of the people who have found it wikipedia which is become the central part of our culture and intellectual life, weird as it is to say, to -- >> i'm sorry, how do i feel about what? >> tucker: your role in creating this thing that now
5:37 pm
leads the country. >> [laughs] i'm embarrassed, to be quite honest and i've said so for a long time. i've been a leading critic of wikipedia for over a decade now, and i've been trying various things to try to improve on it and i'm sorry to all the people whose reputations have been sullied by what i got started 20 years ago. >> tucker: google has helped a lot by promoting wikipedia, which it does. i appreciate you coming on tonight. you don't need to atone here but i appreciate your honesty. thank you. >> thank you. >> tucker: things are completely out of control. how out of control? a new forecast is projecting that this year's immigration surge from mexico would be the biggest in history. the mayor of one border town joins us to tell us what he is
5:38 pm
doing about it and what is happening in his community, next. might just - vomit. if these statements describe you, and you've been diagnosed with gastroparesis, you might qualify for a clinical study that tests a new study medication for nausea and the symptoms of gastroparesis. qualified participants will receive study related care and study medication at no charge. please visit gp vandastudy.com, that is g-p-v-a-n-d-a-s-t-u-d-y.com. or call (833) 933-9332 to see if you qualify. sponsored by vanda pharmaceuticals.
5:39 pm
5:40 pm
emergency planning for kids. we can't predict when an emergency will happen. so that's why it's important to make a plan
5:41 pm
with your parents. here are a few tips to stay safe. know how to get in touch with your family. write down phone numbers for your parents, siblings and neighbors. pick a place to meet your family if you are not together and can't go home. remind your parents to pack an emergency supply kit. making a plan might feel like homework, but it will help you and your family stay safe during an emergency.
5:42 pm
[swords clashing] - had enough? - no... arthritis. here. new aspercreme arthritis. full prescription-strength? reduces inflammation? thank the gods. don't thank them too soon. kick pain in the aspercreme. ♪ ♪
5:43 pm
>> tucker: you probably have the sense that things are out of control on our southern border and have been since joe biden was sworn in as president and you're absolutely right, it's worse than you imagined. a new forecast from princeton policy advisors suggests 1.8 million illegal immigrants crossing the southern border this year, that is a projection. that would make it the first year on record and it will completely change the united states forever. that is more people than many states have. many states. how are those migrants getting here? they're walking across, they're flying from countries all over the world in order to do that in the biden administration in many cases is transporting them to other parts of the country using the u.s. military, using air force bases. while they are not doing is using illegal migrants to aspen or northwest d.c. or martha's vineyard. of course not. they are moving them to where you live and to places who
5:44 pm
didn't vote for joe biden. of course. what is joe biden's response to all this? which is happening, that's factual. he just lied about it. here he is last night. >> we have been able to move significantly to change the number -- there were thousands of people in custody with the border patrol. it's now cut by 90%. it's considerably down. >> tucker: so we checked the numbers because we felt obligated to do that. during this fiscal year which began in october, more than 1 million migrants have been apprehended across the border with mexico. those are just the ones that have been stopped. most just kept going, of course. a year earlier that number was 129,000, so you can see, that is quite an increase. the mayor of the border town of peabody texas, joins us to explain what he lives with, what his town lives with every single day. mr. meyer, thank you so much for coming on.
5:45 pm
they are projecting 1.4 -- what does this look like? >> the number is low in my opinion for what you are seeing. you are already at 1.2 million now so by the end of the year i think you are going to see one or 2 million is my own personal opinion. >> tucker: what you're looking at in the course of one year is a new country. you're looking to bring different united states, everyone is here permanently, so the biden administration is breaking the law to change her town permanently. is it change in your town? >> it is changing our town completely. a land owner in town saw a man jumped off the train in town. he walked into our community, he called me, i called our police department, stopped the individual.
5:46 pm
he was a cuban gang member but he was given his walking papers by board or patrol because the bite administration has said all cubans are free to go, they are not going to be detaining them or sending them back. so we couldn't do anything because here he is walking and our community, and he started out in -- >> tucker: wait a minute. cuba is an island, that is not about mexico. ghana is in africa, haiti is in the caribbean. it seems like a lot of people are flying to get to the united states. >> up to 150 countries now. 150 countries, how are they getting there? that is the question i ask all the time. you can't get an answer out of the border patrol and you can't get an answer out of this administration.
5:47 pm
>> tucker: it is not a rich community, it is a solid, working class community, i've been there. nice people. all these people breaking the laws and getting showered with benefits from the federal government that your citizens paid for, what do you think of that? >> they are getting frustrated, they are fed up with it, they are tired of it. it's just like the covid situation now. we are being told constantly, social distance, where your mask, get ready for a shut down, don't do here, stay home, don't go around somebody who hasn't been vaccinated. i wish everybody would be vaccinated but that is their choice. yet you've got 1.2 million people coming across that southern border. they're not telling them, wait a minute, have you been vaccinated, have you been anything? this is what we do, it feels like we're giving up our rights as u.s. citizens to accommodate foreign, illegal immigrants coming into our country and it's very, very frustrating. >> tucker: and they are held to -- i mean, it would be a crime for the citizens of
5:48 pm
uvalde, texas, the americans there to avoid corona law but foreign nationals get to qwest mike that seems like a double standard peer to speak at the moment you cross the border with echo with your point of entry you have broken the law. you've already broken the law so we are going to reward you with a plane ride to somewhere in the united states. weatherby chicago, weatherby houston, austin, san antonio and we will give you a package with a little money in it so you can get by on that and then we are going to take care of you and see that you have this and see that you have that. 97% of the people with a check-in date have not checked in. 97%. >> tucker: may be the governor of texas could close his border using his national guard, maybe greg abbott could do something about this and save the country. hoping for that. mayor, don mclaughlin, thank you so much for joining us today. >> thank you, i appreciate it.
5:49 pm
>> tucker: by the way next week we've got a new episode coming out in our documentary series "tucker carlson originals." shock in uvalde, take you straight to the border, the camera show you the effect of open borders on the american citizens who live there. that episode is called "the illegal invasion." it comes out on fox nation next thursday. we will preview it on this show the night before. congress is proposing a way to end racism now being taught to your schools. the man behind that joins us next. ♪ ♪
5:50 pm
5:51 pm
5:52 pm
5:53 pm
5:54 pm
5:55 pm
>> tucker: welcome to tucker carlson today. there are topics we can't cover on the night time show. >> many people are upset with me. >> they don't care about human life. >> the most important conversations happen in one place. >> you don't have to wait tonight. new episodes monday, wednesday and friday on fox nation. >> ♪ ♪ >> tucker: if you wanted to destroy a country and plow its field under with salt, you would
5:56 pm
teach kids in school to hate their own country and hate one another based on the color of their skin. that's happening everywhere. no one is doing anything about it. a senator from missouri will try to impose the love america act that would require every school that gets federal funding that students read the nation's founding documents and the constitution and the bill of rights. thanks for coming on. i am sure you will be mocked for this. tell us why you think this is necessary. >> well, the misinformation that the left is saying that america is a racist country and evil. it's time to teach our children who they are. that's why my bill would say if
5:57 pm
the school district gets federal money you have to tell about the constitution and the bill of rights and pledge of allegiance. these documents unite us as americans. replace the lies with the truth. that's what i am trying to do. >> tucker: if you wake up and the enemy is inside the perimeter and you are surrounded. you wish you paid closer attention to what schools are teaching. should we have paid closer attention? >> it's true this critical race theory which has been bubbling up for decades has infiltrated our schools. it's come from the academics. it came down and the teachers can colleges and now it's everywhere. it's in my state in missouri. parents are saying we don't want this and for good reason because
5:58 pm
it's not true. it's misinformation and lies. you can't beat lies with nothing. you have to beat it with truth. it's time for conservatives to boldly say teach our kids the truth. that unites us as america. >> tucker: compare the american rove -- revolution to the haitian revolution and see which one you perfect. >> we can't continue our democracy. our experiment in democracy depends on a generation that loves this country and knows who they and is willing to have the faith to extend that into future. teach children who we really are as americans.
5:59 pm
>> tucker: it's a matter of national survival. what is the point of having a country if nobody running believes in it? >> that's right. at the end of the day the left is trying to divide this nation. what unites us is the truth about who we are. i am not afraid of history. teach students our history and they will be ready to lead this nation in the future. >> tucker: senator, thanks for coming on tonight. i appreciate it. there is so much going on in so many different directions. some people are misguided. most people who you dislike are just wrong. some people are more than wrong. there is a sinister quality to the claims being made. how do you know who is sinister and who is not?
6:00 pm
the ones who won't allow questions and attack you for asking honest questions about how things work. if people shout at you for asking questions you know about their motives. that's it for us "tucker carlson tonight." >> sean: welcome to "hannity." tonight the latest on hunter biden portraits of a crack addict. the walls are closing in on the biden family syndicate. i have a message to the frauds and the mob and the media who are lying about yours truly and our coverage of covid and vaccines and what i have been saying. first joe biden. last night your fearless leader came out of hiding for

139 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on